Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to ask for Disco CLI

tag
Bmn5940
Contributor

When to ask for Disco CLI

Hello everyone,

I got approved for my discover it cashback student card on 07/23/19. I've read that first eligible for discover is just after the 3rd statement but just wanted to clarify if it is 91 days or 3 statements? As I said I was approved on 07/23/19 but only have 1 statement so far (next cut date is in October).

Thank you!

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to ask for Disco CLI

3 statements is typical

If disco gives you an auto CLI prior to that then ask for a CLI at that point and then follow up with a call to ask for more (double dip)

Message 2 of 8
gjean78
Regular Contributor

@Bmn5940 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I got approved for my discover it cashback student card on 07/23/19. I've read that first eligible for discover is just after the 3rd statement but just wanted to clarify if it is 91 days or 3 statements? As I said I was approved on 07/23/19 but only have 1 statement so far (next cut date is in October).

Thank you!

wait like 91 days past before you ask for a CLI.

Message 3 of 8
Raisondetre
Contributor

@gjean78 wrote:

@Bmn5940 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

wait like 91 days past before you ask for a CLI.

91 days after you first get the Discover card. Always remember that some people get lucky and some don't though.

Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 4 of 8
Bmn5940
Contributor

Sounds good! 91 days it is, I'll be sure to update you guys in October when I'm eligible!

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 5 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Scratch that 91 days. You want to see if you get auto CLI first. If they are to give you one, it usually about a week after the third full statement (sometimes first statement may be a short one, like two weeks or something) 

If no auto CLI shows up a week later, then by all means go ahead and ask. 

Also, if you see auto CLI, call them and ask them if there is any additional increase available (double dip)

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but cant hurt to try 

Also, if you want CLI and financially it makes sense, use that card like you stole it 

(dont spend just to please them, but if it's something you'd be buying anyway, use it) 

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

When you want oneSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
When you want oneSmiley Wink

😉 Yep, especially since it’s a SP. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.