cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to request CLI--NFCU or CLOC first?

tag
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

Re: When to request CLI--NFCU or CLOC first?

Wait I'm confused. 8k per card? That seems a little ludicrous. You mean 8k per card per CLI request?

Message 11 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@derboesekoenig wrote:

Wait I'm confused. 8k per card? That seems a little ludicrous. You mean 8k per card per CLI request?

Yes. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 18
moto4man
Regular Contributor

@derboesekoenig wrote:

I'll post a little history first:

Been with NFCU since '15. I have their Amex. (opened 10/2018, $20k initial and current limit), Visa Sig cashrewards (opened dec '16 @ $7900,  they have done auto cli to 9400 now, but it's been over a year), and visa plat (opened feb '18 @ $7900).

Don't know why they're obsessed with the 7900. But my question is, what's my next move? Can or should I request CLI? If so when? Do balances matter, what credit score do I need? I would like to hit their max credit profile. Also interested in their CLOC but not sure which move I should make next.

Thanks!

Have you seen the recent influx of 18k SC on this board recently, mine included?  I echoed your word almost to the tee aside from the dollar amounts. 

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 694EX 689EQ 696TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

18k sc? 

Message 14 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@derboesekoenig wrote:

18k sc? 

I'm assuming they meant SL - starting limit.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 18
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

Ah Ok that makes sense. I wish I would've had the two 7900 limit cards at 18k lol then I wouldn't be thinking about this to begin with

Message 16 of 18
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

I requested a CLI on all 3 of my cards (thought it was only 2 out of 3 as the site never loaded it all the way).

Anyway, not approved for any of them. I was excited to see the letters to see what my internal NFCU score would be...but it only gave me my TU and that's it. What gives?  When do they give you your internal score? I believe it's 0-450?

Message 17 of 18
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@TryItAgain wrote:

@derboesekoenig wrote:

I'll post a little history first:

Been with NFCU since '15. I have their Amex. (opened 10/2018, $20k initial and current limit), Visa Sig cashrewards (opened dec '16 @ $7900,  they have done auto cli to 9400 now, but it's been over a year), and visa plat (opened feb '18 @ $7900).

Don't know why they're obsessed with the 7900. But my question is, what's my next move? Can or should I request CLI? If so when? Do balances matter, what credit score do I need? I would like to hit their max credit profile. Also interested in their CLOC but not sure which move I should make next.

Thanks!

The CLOC is fairly easy to get if they are already extending credit to you.  Just know that apping for the CLOC (I still call it NavChek) is for sure a hard pull.  They will likely give you $1-3000 without POI. 

However, it's generally best to ask for the max $15k right off the bat since each CLOC CLI request later is also a hard pull unlike the cards (which is usually SP).  Just know they will ask for POI in that case.  So if your ok with a HP and have POI, going for the full $15k CLOC is a handy thing to always have sitting there available.

As for cards you can find other threads for datapoints on this forum to know exactly how long to wait between requests.  I can tell you though it's usually best to request it online after they do the soft pull each month for best chances. Just remember if you request past $25k on any one card it's a HP for sure where if under it's Usually a soft pull (YMMV).

You have plenty of room on the cards though until their max revolving exposure of $80k as long as your income supports it.  The NavChek CLOC does not count against that $80k.

I've requested over $25000 and not had a HP, so it's not definitive. Maybe profile dependent. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.