Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When u close a cap 1 card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When u close a cap 1 card

How long til u can apply for another 1 card is in good standing but low limit qs1
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When u close a cap 1 card

Why do you want to play with Cap1 still?  Keep your BB&T cards and let your file age a year or so to get the most out of it.  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some to fall back on..dont i ?. I had big bank cards in 2007 chase and citi balances under 15% never late way more than the minimums .and idk .something spooked them and they closed me down.for no real reason .so bbt is going thur a merger and im kinda gun shy they may do the same thing .anyway thanks for the good advice but yes sir i see what your saying .thanks
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous, if I may suggest looking at credit unions to diversify your CC portfolio mix, that's another viable option as well.  I wouldn't worry about the BB&T and SunTrust merger as something that would place your profile on the radar in a negative way. 

Message 4 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You can apply right away assuming the card you closed was more than 6 months old. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks
Message 6 of 11
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Did you already close the cap1 account? You can apply for another cap1 card before you close it, if you want. Check their pre-qual page to see if they're already offering anything to you.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'm still inside 6 months on first card .I haven't closed it yet.its just my scores are better so I thought cap 1 may give me a better card
Message 8 of 11
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I'd just keep it open, and try for the new card after you hit 6 months, then close the first card after that if you still desire.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Give it a couple months Gramps, let you new cards spiffy up your profile. Have you checked Amex out with your Ex score?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.