Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NFCU CC Should I Get?

tag
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Which NFCU CC Should I Get?

You have the patience of a saint lol

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:

Hah.  If anyone that knows me saw this post they would never stop laughing.  I'm in month 1 of the 3 month post bonus spend period and I figure I'll give it another week or so and send them a SM.  I originally sent them one to make sure that they had me enrolled in that promotion because once it went away there was nothing showing on my account about it.  It was in that response where they mentioned how long it could take.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

Hah.  If anyone that knows me saw this post they would never stop laughing.  I'm in month 1 of the 3 month post bonus spend period and I figure I'll give it another week or so and send them a SM.  I originally sent them one to make sure that they had me enrolled in that promotion because once it went away there was nothing showing on my account about it.  It was in that response where they mentioned how long it could take.

Irish,

I got a similar response when I asked to see if I got the sign up bonus for the goRewards card back in December.  They told me "spend $2,000.00 in purchases in the first 90 days of opening and get 20,000 points after 8 weeks after the end of the 90 days"

Oz

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't ask for any amount  for the credit card and most people ask for $15K on the Navcheck, which is the max.  Whether they want POI is not dependent on any amount but your credit file.

Thanks for input. I'll go for it after my Equifax clears.

Message 14 of 24
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Good luck, keep us posted!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 15 of 24
EdwardMH
Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I would go for the CashRewards card and yes get the NavCheck! 

@I am trying to raise my Credit Score for a VA or FHA Home loan. I just this past week got approved for the Cash Rewards CC $8,500 @Anonymous.15% interest and AND the NAVCheck $15,000 @ 15.09%  A application for the NFCU Platinum card is under review, should I attempt to get lower interest rates as my credit scores improve OR Credit Limit increase or try for the Citi and AMEX everyone tells me I MUST have for credit Score building. and how long should I wait?

USAA EQ 659 | TU 675 | EX 671, Credit Karma TU 674| EQ 631, Quizzle EQ 674, Credit Sesame EX 674
MyFico Then: 6/2011 EQ 582 | TU 589 | EX 570 MyFico Now: 5/2016: EQ 698 = 698| TU 698 v 712 | EX 665 v 718
Mortgage Score 5 EQ 698, Score 2 EX 693
Future Desired Score: All Credit score sites reporting 750+ Note: ^ = Up from, v = Down from
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EdwardMH wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I would go for the CashRewards card and yes get the NavCheck! 

@I am trying to raise my Credit Score for a VA or FHA Home loan. I just this past week got approved for the Cash Rewards CC $8,500 @Anonymous.15% interest and AND the NAVCheck $15,000 @ 15.09%  A application for the NFCU Platinum card is under review, should I attempt to get lower interest rates as my credit scores improve OR Credit Limit increase or try for the Citi and AMEX everyone tells me I MUST have for credit Score building. and how long should I wait?

Not sure who told you that you need an Amex or Citi card to increase your credit score. Simply not true.  You currently, at least in your signature, have  3 revolving credit cards. You don't need any more for credit score purposes.  In fact, the more cards you apply for now can decrease your credit score from more inquiries and lower average age of accounts.  If you are considering applying for a mortgage anytime in the near future, the absolute worst thing you need is more inquiries and new accounts.  Time is your ally now. Make sure you keep utilization below 10% (preferably 0%) and let your accounts age.  Your score will rise in time.

Message 17 of 24
EdwardMH
Contributor

Ok TY, Right now I have the Bestbuy Card (Did not want the Store card I THOUGHT I was applying for a Best Buy Master Card), The Cash rewards card, and the $15,000 Checking Line of Credit. The third card is there for the Navy Federal Platinum Card I applied for last night but it was sent to review I am betting it will not be approved.

USAA EQ 659 | TU 675 | EX 671, Credit Karma TU 674| EQ 631, Quizzle EQ 674, Credit Sesame EX 674
MyFico Then: 6/2011 EQ 582 | TU 589 | EX 570 MyFico Now: 5/2016: EQ 698 = 698| TU 698 v 712 | EX 665 v 718
Mortgage Score 5 EQ 698, Score 2 EX 693
Future Desired Score: All Credit score sites reporting 750+ Note: ^ = Up from, v = Down from
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EdwardMH wrote:

Ok TY, Right now I have the Bestbuy Card (Did not want the Store card I THOUGHT I was applying for a Best Buy Master Card), The Cash rewards card, and the $15,000 Checking Line of Credit. The third card is there for the Navy Federal Platinum Card I applied for last night but it was sent to review I am betting it will not be approved.

Wait it out to hear.  Mortgage companies don't want to see new inquiries/accounts anytime  before a mortgage application.  Good luck.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help guys... I got the Cash Rewards for 14k and NavCheck for 15K Woooo!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.