cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NFCU credit card is best to apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which NFCU credit card is best to apply?

My ex-wife got her first CC with NFCU on January 1 of this year- CashRewards...now she is eligible to apply for a second card as she already got 3 full statements 5 days ago...She couldn't decide which one she should go for...I don't have much knowledge and experience as well because I got my first NFCU just a month ago which is the same card that she has- CashRewards....And I understand that each person needs to get a card that suits their own personal needs/expectations, yet still we need opinions from all of you if you could...so that it could help her to decide..Thanks

(1) Should she first ask for CLI on her existing CashRewards card or apply for new card?

(2) As for Flagship card that now comes with Amazon Prime fees reimbursement then will this fees-reimbursement be for Amazon Prime membership for US Amazon site or Amazon site to any other country so long its Amazon? She uses Amazon site from another country..to order things for her family and friends who live at abroad...and she always use her US issued credit cards to order with Amazon from that country....I also use Amazon from other county to order things online and pay various bills of my family and friends who live in another country...pretty much every day....The amazon site is similar to here in US...Its just they have local currency and can not ship to US and vice-versa...They also have Amazon Prime there but in its in their local currency...So, does  anyone have any knowledge or information on how this amazon fees reimbursement would play out thru this Flagship card if my ex wife will like to pay the membership fees for Amazon Prime for an amazon site located in another country?

(3) Which other NFCU is better as a second card and why? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which NFCU credit card is best to apply?

Since your question is associated with the cadence of a second card and a CLI on an existing NFCU card, there's already a thread that covers those DPs -- some in great detail.  I would suggest checking that thread out, especially the last few pages for context on timing:

Deciding on which 2nd product will depend upon how you/she will use it and what you/she prefers to earn rewards-wise.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

As far as the Amazon Prime [Flagship] promotion, the NFCU website doesn't indicate any specifics on whether it's exclusive to a US-based annual membership and there haven't been any DPs that indicate a non-US based annual membership would be covered.  You or your ex-wife would have to test the waters to see whether it works (unless someone else can confirm).

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much....

She just applied 3 minutes ago for another card- MoreRewardsAmex, and instantly got approved for $25k with 9.65 apr....After much discussion, she decided not to apply for Flagship card at this point. So, Amazon Prime membership fee is out of question at least for now....

As for the CLI request on her current or first card-CashRewards then she will try later on tonight or tomorrow...She has $25k SL on it. On this card she got approved for $5k only but she immediately submitted for reconsideration for a higher limit...as a result, the limit was increased to $25k. So, in 3 months and 10 days she has total $50k exposure with NFCU. In my humble opinion, forget about US bank cards (very tough requirements), and cards from other banks/CUs such as UNFCU, First Tech FCU and etc...I think people should fully focus on getting full exposure from NFCU because with other banks/CUs, one would never know if they get approved or not...and if they do get approved then not necessarily they get this much exposure...NFCU is EXTREMELY generous ..Never seen any bank/CU around the world...I got lucky to have a huge exposure with NFCU at my first card with them, otherwise I would have certainly worked with them first to get their full exposure than trying to get any other banks/CUs on the side. Unbelievable CU is this...God bless them for being so generous and give all of us at least an opportunity. Wowwwwww..

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As per your update on her approval and data points, this thread is now closed to new messages.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.