Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should be next? 800+

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Which card should be next? 800+

I would wait till your home loan reports on your CR and seed what happens to your scores.  Also if your mortgage is with a local CU, they could offer your a credit card along with the loan.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 16
nkiszenia
Visitor

No idea... I wish I knew so i could fix it! Any thoughts as to what could be causing it? Only thing I have that isn’t perfect is an error that says one of my capitalone payments from almost 7 years ago was 30 days late. It wasn’t, I’ve tried to dispute it and it’s not reflected on any other of my CRs. And I only have 4 inquires over the last 2 years and 2 of them are for mortgages.

My CL on my quicksilver is only like $4900 and it’s my second oldest account. I’ll ask for CLI once my mortgage closes.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, you need to make your EX great again. Then apply for Amex because Amex mostly use EX. Use the Amex travel cards and/or Hilton cards. 

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/view-all-personal-cards/?eep=25330&linknav=US-Acq-CC...

Message 13 of 16
nkiszenia
Visitor

No idea what’s going on to not make my EX great Smiley Sad

Wish I knew so i could fix it!
Message 14 of 16
nkiszenia
Visitor

My current mortgage is only 3 years old, so probably not a big impact. I sold a rental property last year with a 3 year mortgage and my scores didn’t move at all.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go with NFCU for a new card AND a CLI on the card you currently have.  Dont know who you bank with but, all my banking is with them and it is very convenient and easy to manage everything through their online banking site. Customer service cant be beat and they tend to be very generous with their SLs and CLIs.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.