Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card to apply for- TD Bank Cash or US Bank Cash+

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card to apply for- TD Bank Cash or US Bank Cash+

So my Equifax has updated to reflect my new balance and limit with my discover, but Transunion has not. This is on Credit Karma (I know that doesn't give me my FICO but I like how it'll break everything down for me. I get the scores elsewhere). Would it be safe to assume TU has this new information but CK just hasn't reflected it yet?
Message 11 of 18
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So my Equifax has updated to reflect my new balance and limit with my discover, but Transunion has not. This is on Credit Karma (I know that doesn't give me my FICO but I like how it'll break everything down for me. I get the scores elsewhere). Would it be safe to assume TU has this new information but CK just hasn't reflected it yet?

If EQ just updated, probably not. TU is the CRA that takes the longest to update changes once it receives them. EX is the fastest, EQ follows shortly after and TU can take a good 5 business days or more to update. Wallethub offers free daily TU pulls (just ignore the VantageScore it provides) so you can see the exact day your TU updates.  

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out
Message 13 of 18
zerofire
Valued Contributor

When it comes to reports it is always whatever is written is what is written at the moment in time. Since TU has not updated yet on your report then it has not been updated at TU at the time that report was requested.

When my changes report it is common that some lenders will update everywhere at the same time but some will update cascading with TU dead last. My Discover changes usually cascade. I would guess they will update in the next week.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 18
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

USB pulls CRA based on your geo location. They’re an EQ puller in TX. Just a lil FYI.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on the US Bank card. I let my discover report and ended up waiting to see how my student loans reported a payment. Just applied a few minutes ago and was instantly approved for $5000! I saw an offer on Nerdwallet that said if I apply through them I'd get 12 months into APR of 0%! They ended up pulling my EQ which isn't the worst thing. I'm in SC so just a heads up for anyone who applies.
Message 16 of 18
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on the US Bank card. I let my discover report and ended up waiting to see how my student loans reported a payment. Just applied a few minutes ago and was instantly approved for $5000! I saw an offer on Nerdwallet that said if I apply through them I'd get 12 months into APR of 0%! They ended up pulling my EQ which isn't the worst thing. I'm in SC so just a heads up for anyone who applies.

Good move.

TD Bank is extremely conservative with SCL and CLI's.

It is well known for stagnation.

US Bank is also but not anywhere as bad.

Congrats.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 17 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval @Anonymous. Well done!

Locking this thread as you have been approved. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.