cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which companies will NOT do a hard pull after the first accepted application?

tag
thatguycx
Valued Member

Which companies will NOT do a hard pull after the first accepted application?

For the life of me, I cannot remember where I heard this from but if it's true, there are some companies that will only do a hard pull of your credit one-time after the initial accepted card application. The time frame in which those submitted applicaitons takes place is unkown to me, but generally speaking, is this true?

For example, I heard that AMEX is one of those companies. If my first card application is for the AMEX Everyday Card and that gets accepted, then they'll of course do a hard pull. But if I then turn around and also apply for the Cash Magnet Card, Gold card, etc, will they do another hard pull or no?

And are there any other companies that does this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which companies will NOT do a hard pull after the first accepted application?

I know the latest card is the Apple card. They do a HP if you accept whatever SL they offer.

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which companies will NOT do a hard pull after the first accepted application?

@thatguycx wrote:

For the life of me, I cannot remember where I heard this from but if it's true, there are some companies that will only do a hard pull of your credit one-time after the initial accepted card application. The time frame in which those submitted applicaitons takes place is unkown to me, but generally speaking, is this true?

For example, I heard that AMEX is one of those companies. If my first card application is for the AMEX Everyday Card and that gets accepted, then they'll of course do a hard pull. But if I then turn around and also apply for the Cash Magnet Card, Gold card, etc, will they do another hard pull or no?

And are there any other companies that does this?

AmEx can still perform another HP if you are a brand new customer or your AmEx profile hasn't been established long enough. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only other card issuer aside from AMEX I can think of is BB&T. Of course YMMV, but recent DPs show that they’re not doing hps even if it’s your first app
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.