Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card should I apply?

tag
murat533
Established Member

Which credit card should I apply?

I just paid off my collections and charge offs.3 accounts still reports as charge off but no balance on it.No collection on my report and so many inquiries on each one.

Scores:Equifax:669 Fico 8

Experian:665 Fico 8

Transunion:675 Fico 8

There is Barclay bank charge off ,paid to the collection agency. 

2 Kay jewelry:Charge off ,paid to the collection agency.

Jared :Charge off ,paid to the collection agency.

Bank of america:It was charge off but paid it off and not it shows legally paid in full.

CFNA:It was charge off but paid in full and shows as legally paid in full.

I have so many accounts with good standing. 

Also %0 utility, no balance.

WHATS YOUR SUGGESTION FOR A NEW CREDIT CARD?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
growthadvocate
Contributor

Re: Which credit card should I apply?

Tell us more about your accounts in good standing...I would leverage those relationships if they are with financial institutions that offer credit cards.

Message 2 of 28
murat533
Established Member

I have Amex Delta Platinum with $1000 limit and 0 balance

Discover It :$2000 limit and 0 balance

Credit One:$1250 limit and 8$ balance

Credit One:$1500 limit and $20 balance

Kohls:$2500 limit and 0 balance

Lord and Taylor:$1000 limit 0 balance

Target:$2000 limit 0 balance

Capital one journey:$500 limit and 0 balance

Capital one silver one :$600 limit and 0 balance

Elan financial security card:$300 limit and 0 balance

Nordstrom store card:$1000 limit and 0 balance

AA :4 years 3 months

2 car loans total:$33000 perfect payments

Student loans:$29000 ,perfect payments. 

DCU personal loan:$1600 balance,perfect payments 

Lending Club personal loan:$4500 balance, perfect payments. 

Income:$85000

I want to replace my junk cards with good cards.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 28
growthadvocate
Contributor

I believe most may suggest gardening, but here are a couple more questions for you:

How many inquire's and new accounts do you have in the last 6 months?  12 months?

Who are the auto loans with and how old are they?

What's the story with the BofA chargeoff?

Message 4 of 28
murat533
Established Member

I opened 3 new accounts in past 12 months.They are Cap 1 Walmart,Cap 1 Silver One and DCU personal loan. 

I have 14 inq on Experian

24 on Transunion

15 on Equifax. 

BOA credit card was a secured  card and I couldn't pay it on time and it was my first credit card.I opened it on October 2011 and became charge off on October 2014.I just paid it off 2 months ago and they changed the status of it.It is now Current and legally paid off.

Message 5 of 28
murat533
Established Member

Auto loans are one of them is Citizens One and the other one is Capital One Auto Finance and they are 1.5 year old.

Message 6 of 28
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

You already have the usual suspect of the cards that you can get with current score! I would say garden few months till your score go above 700 while the financial climate gets better.

Your doing great improving your score, keep it up and give it more time.

Message 7 of 28
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

What is legally paid off???

i honestly don't think you need any more cards. Alright to close the few cards and let your profile age a bit. Although you paid them which is great, they are still considered negative and I doubt you will get prime lenders at the time .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 28
growthadvocate
Contributor

I'm sure that you're eager to app given that you just paid off the charge off's, but I would strongly suggest pumping the brakes.  Most financial instituitons don't want to see that much activity.  I doubt that anyone will be eager to approve you with so many inquiries.  I know you don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.  You have to look at it from their perspective, 24 inq's screams desperation.  Not a good look.  You have to stabalize your credit profile.

You have some great things going and are in a good position moving forward.  But as they say, you can't rush these things.  Head to the garden!  For a minimum of 6 months.  12 months would do you a lot of good.  You need to let some of the inq's fall off and age the new accounts.  In the process, take advantage of the soft inquiry CLI's...but I would do nothing for the next 90 days...all that activity is killing you.

BofA is a solid bank and I believe that they'll give you another shot down the road.  Them and Amex would be my targets if I were you.  If you don't already have accounts with BofA, open a checking and/or savings.

Message 9 of 28
murat533
Established Member

I don't have an account with BOA but I m thinking about it. I want to get rid of Credit Ones so bad but it will lower my available credit.If I can wait another 12 months, my all inquiries will fall off which is good.

I will wait untill my scores reaches to 700.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.