cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

From what I've read over the years on the forum, one can take their Lowe's card up to $35k without IV, where greater than $35k prompts IV.  This is of course assuming profile (scores, income, etc) would "support" such a limit, so let's remove that variable from the equation. 

That being said, has anyone with a sub-$35k limit had any issues in bumping up to $35k via a SP call to Credit Solutions? 

I've been sitting at $30k on my Lowe's card for 3 years, but was considering a call in to bump it up to the max of $35k without IV.  I'm considering putting some significant charges (say, $10k) through my Lowe's card and the additional bump would further help keep individual tradeline utilization in check. 

Before making the call, is there anything I should know?  Any reason I shouldn't?  Those in particular that have bumped up to $35k, I'd like to hear your opinions.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

877-379-8175

Just call and ask for 50K and let them counter back with 35K and then don't send the POI.  Check the approvals section for more info.  Soemone in the last month requested a bump at approval to 50K and got it after they provided POI but, did get 35K until the POI was provided up from a 4K approval IIRC.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Lowe-s-Card-50-000-CLI-before-receiving-the-c...

Message 2 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I just did it onlline a few months ago without issues.. Granted it has seen some decent useage recently of a 3k+ fence, etc..  Initial limit was I believe 7k called and got it to 17k then next bump i believe i did online and asked for 25k then did another one to get it to 35k all online without issue.. I really can't see a need for any higher than that as gives enough util padding for a big household purchase

Message 3 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Several years ago, mine was increased from $25K to $45K (via SP) since I was placing considerable usage during a few rehab projects. IIRC, no POI was requested at the time since my history was pretty well established with SYNCB and dated back to the former days of GEMB/GECRB. I do recall being on hold for about ~20 minutes while they asked a variety of questions and reviewed CR data.

After said projects were finalized, I voluntarily reduced the CL to redistribute the exposure on other SYNCB products.
Message 4 of 31
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I did mine via luv button.

Asked for $34,999

They rounded up.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine up to 35K about 6 months after account opening. Started at 2K. All done online. 

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info above everyone.  Interesting the reference a few posts above regarding the online request, I hadn't considered that.  My first SP CLI from them 3 years ago was from $3k to $30k. 

OE, I'm curious as to why you'd suggest asking for $50k (or anything >$35k) if anything > $35k results in a POI request?  Wouldn't that just be a waste of time? 

FinStar, interesting that you were able to go to $45k (with decent usage) via SP.  That's the first example I've heard of that.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest 50K to test the waters knowing there's the off chance that their policy may have changed and with the age of your account it may be possible though the lack of spend might get a counter back to 35K.  Using the same tactic as BOA where you shoot for the moon and let them kick back to where they're comfortable.

Message 8 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I've read over the years on the forum, one can take their Lowe's card up to $35k without IV, where greater than $35k prompts IV.  This is of course assuming profile (scores, income, etc) would "support" such a limit, so let's remove that variable from the equation. 

That being said, has anyone with a sub-$35k limit had any issues in bumping up to $35k via a SP call to Credit Solutions? 

I've been sitting at $30k on my Lowe's card for 3 years, but was considering a call in to bump it up to the max of $35k without IV.  I'm considering putting some significant charges (say, $10k) through my Lowe's card and the additional bump would further help keep individual tradeline utilization in check. 

Before making the call, is there anything I should know?  Any reason I shouldn't?  Those in particular that have bumped up to $35k, I'd like to hear your opinions.  Thank you.

I bumped my card as well as dh's , both sit at 35K and just did it online hitting the luv button.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If one shoots for the moon with a > $35k request on Lowe's and it's not met with an approval, do they tell you that it would require POI for the requested limit and give you the option for a non-POI increase?  I'm not sure how that works.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.