cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

When I wanted to breach their 25K soft limit and asked over that on another account they countered with 25K and said if I wanted a review I could send POI docs to exceed 25K.  Either way it shouldn't be a flat denial unless there's something they might see on your TU.  

So, yes, ask high and let them counter.

Message 11 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Several years ago, mine was increased from $25K to $45K (via SP) since I was placing considerable usage during a few rehab projects. IIRC, no POI was requested at the time since my history was pretty well established with SYNCB and dated back to the former days of GEMB/GECRB. I do recall being on hold for about ~20 minutes while they asked a variety of questions and reviewed CR data.

After said projects were finalized, I voluntarily reduced the CL to redistribute the exposure on other SYNCB products.

Voluntarily reducing ones exposure with SyncB is just Bad Justin, mmm kay!Dont reduce, mmm kay! Reducing is bad, mkaySmiley Wink. Bye Bye Bye🎶🤦‍♂️

Message 12 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
Several years ago, mine was increased from $25K to $45K (via SP) since I was placing considerable usage during a few rehab projects. IIRC, no POI was requested at the time since my history was pretty well established with SYNCB and dated back to the former days of GEMB/GECRB. I do recall being on hold for about ~20 minutes while they asked a variety of questions and reviewed CR data.

After said projects were finalized, I voluntarily reduced the CL to redistribute the exposure on other SYNCB products.

Voluntarily reducing ones exposure with SyncB is just Bad Justin, mmm kay!Dont reduce, mmm kay! Reducing is bad, mkaySmiley Wink. Bye Bye Bye🎶🤦‍♂️

Well, it actually worked out and have done it quite a few times (given the $100K "cap").  Over the years it's fluctuated close to $115K ...I think?  But, with the available "CL" recycled I was able to get the approval for Cathay Pacific card 2 years ago Smiley Tongue  The timing for it has to be just right with that much exposure.  Of course, with Wally's leaving soon and my closing of PPC, then that frees things up!

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have experience with requesting a CLI online verses calling Credit Solutions for it?  I've only called CS in the past (once) and have never tried online.  Any benefits or drawbacks to either for those that may have tried both at some point?

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had DM ask for a CLI on her Lowe’s Card, SL $15K, and told her to put in $35K and she was instantly approved via online. Very thick file and TU 782

On my Lowe’s I was approved for $1K SL, immediately called credit solutions and they bumped me to $10K, then online CLI to $17K. Haven’t been able to grow it more and I will hit one year in 2 weeks.
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

When doing a request online, if you put in > $35k does anyone know if the automated system will just counter back to $35k, or will POI language be presented?

Message 16 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

When doing a request online, if you put in > $35k does anyone know if the automated system will just counter back to $35k, or will POI language be presented?

Would assume it would do lower as before when my TU's werent in the 800's, but lower 700's it countered me, granted i didnt ask for 30, but 25k and said we could do 15k i believe on carecredit at time or whatever.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Would assume it would do lower as before when my TU's werent in the 800's, but lower 700's it countered me, granted i didnt ask for 30, but 25k and said we could do 15k i believe on carecredit at time or whatever.

I would expect that with sub-$35k CLI requests, but I'm wondering about >$35k requests, as that seems to be the threshold point for POI prompting on profiles that aren't restricted by a score/income constraint of any kind. 

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are you being so gun shy with this? 

If they say no online to 50K and ask for POI then you just call them up and ask for 35K or pull an Amex and back down the request until they say yes.  Quit making this overly complicated.  It's Sync after all.

Message 19 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think you'll be able to get much more concrete DPs than those already provided upthread. If POI is requested no biggie, right? You have the option not to provide it if you can be content with a much lesser CLI amount.

IME, mine went through without the POI piece (but would've been happy to provide it if requested), others have shared similar results. That being said, there's been other DPs where POI was required but I'm sure, like anything, it's more or less profile specific. So, online or Credit Solutions are viable.

I realize you're being methodical about the approach, but to put it in the context of say...zip lining across a river. You know you'll have to reach the end. But, you don't know if you might get a little wet, encounter some bugs along the way, hit a bird, get stuck or get across perfectly fine.

Submit the request and you'll know Just rip the band-aid man! 😄

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.