cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who has bumped their Lowe's card to $35k?

@FinStar wrote:
I don't think you'll be able to get much more concrete DPs than those already provided upthread. If POI is requested no biggie, right? You have the option not to provide it if you can be content with a much lesser CLI amount.

Do you have that option?  I don't know, that's why I've been continuing to ask questions.  I have no idea how POI works, especially across different lenders since their policies can vary.  I've never provided POI to anyone.  I've only ever had it prompted by Amex, but after reading the Amex 3X CLI thread and seeing all of the information on Amex CLIs, it was very well documented that when prompted with IV one could click the back button on their browser and try again for a lesser amount.  I have not found any similar info regarding Lowe's and POI prompting and wasn't aware if you were hit with a POI request that you could settle for a lesser [non-POI required] amount.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synch is one of the less intruisive ones where they only go as far as asking for 2 pay stubs and not a 4506-T like Amex.  

I already stated how this works when you call and ask for more than they're willing to go with.  I asked for 50K they said no, but we can do 25K unless you want to send pay stubs or other items.  I just didn't feel like dealing with it and kept the 25K and went on with life.

Either you want it or you don't.  Knowing you, you don't spend this much time mulling it over if it's not tempting enough to follow through.  Just do it already and get it over with.  Write something up about the process and you can be the Lowe's CLI expert moving forward. You've asked the questions, gotten asnwers, seen the options and results.  Now you just have to pull the trigger to be the guinea pig for 50K w/o POI or settle for 35K and put your spend on the card for the project.

Message 22 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

One thing also in the credit world nothing is ever guranteed and there is always some sort of risk although this would be a counter at 35k or stay where you stay at your current limit, but nothing lost.   Be the GP on this one like others eluded to as alot of other peoples on the forums have found out how other lenders work by trying stuff and giving their DPs.  This is about the safest thing you can try with little to no risk.  You simply don't provide POI if they ask and no gain and no loss.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patiently hitting refresh waiting for Brutal to make this happen.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested $40k just for S&Gs and was countered with $35k, as pictured below.  There was no prompt for POI for the $40k, which is something I was expecting that didn't happen.

lowes.jpg

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a blessing!
Message 26 of 31
swpopham
Established Contributor

Just went from 17k to 30k with a soft pull, asked for 30k and instant approval. Ive been stuck at 17k for like 5 years, so it was a welcome approval for a SP for sure. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do it online or with a phone call?

When you say you've been stuck at $17k, how many times and/or how often have you tried to raise that?  What do you think allowed you to go to $30k at this time if you haven't in the past, ie, what changed for you profile-wise?

Message 28 of 31
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you do it online or with a phone call?

When you say you've been stuck at $17k, how many times and/or how often have you tried to raise that?  What do you think allowed you to go to $30k at this time if you haven't in the past, ie, what changed for you profile-wise?

online, the only thing that changed was I unfroze transunion in advance and tried it, ive tried online about every 6 months or so when I get board and reading these fourms. Same reason today, saw this post and said let me try again  and it worked. Im assuming the constant denails are because of having everything frozen and them being unable to hit it. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has been stuck at $17K for almost a year and keep getting declined online and I try about once a month. In reality I don't really need more but it would be nice to round it out at $20K.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.