cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who runs the credit reports for store cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who runs the credit reports for store cards?

The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card is handled by chase but when you apply, does chase run the report or does Amazon? I know the actual line of credit would be with chase but the applications is on Amazon's site. Does the bank that provides the credit to the store card run the report and makes the decision on if you get or does the store?

Just curious cause I wanted a Amazon Credit Card but I just got a new Chase card last week and a New Capital One card couple weeks ago and I know chase has the 2/30 policy.

ALSO, is the amazon card handled through the chase online system where my chase cards are? Never had a store credit card.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Who runs the credit reports for store cards?

The issuing bank is the one that runs the credit

And yes, the card will show in your Chase accounts
It is NOT a store card! It IS a cobranded Visa card.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Who runs the credit reports for store cards?

Whichever bank issues the credit card is the one who will run your credit.

Sometimes , for instance if someone has their Amazon card reduced or closed they may say oh no Amazon closed my card but in reality it was either Synchrony Bank or Chase. Just an example.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.