Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is PenFed Tempting Me?

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Why Is PenFed Tempting Me?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied last night. Instant approval for $50k credit limit. 689 credit score with 21 inquiries. Yay...I can't believe it either. 

true (7).jpg

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied last night. Instant approval for $50k credit limit. 689 credit score with 21 inquiries. Yay...I can't believe it either. 

true (7).jpg

Smiley Very Happy We are on a moving boat with our lines in the water.

Message 22 of 32
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think taking one product will make you any more marketable to more products like mortgages. You either qualify or you don't in most cases.

Last year my DP was preapproved by a credit union after paying off a car loan for another new car loan. The CU didn't even perform a HP for the new car loan.

Ironically it could have been PenFed, but the paperwork for the lien didn't process properly so we moved the car loan to a different CU.

Opening a checking (share draft) account often provides a reason for the financial institution to pre-screen for preapproved offers. It's worked a few times, had a checking account and then received offers from the institution to open a new credit card, car loan, personal loan, etc.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that having a membership opens you up to prescreened offers but if you got the offer you still would have been approved without the offer
Message 24 of 32
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know that having a membership opens you up to prescreened offers but if you got the offer you still would have been approved without the offer

I broke down and applied for the PenFed Visa. When I completed the application, approved for a whopping $39k,  there were preapprovals for new and refinance auto loans.

Previously I only had savings at PenFed, no checking account. Since PenFed uses the same credit inquiry and the CSR said they would simply use the existing reports on file, I went ahead and opened the Access America checking too.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I broke down and applied for the PenFed Visa. When I completed the application, approved for a whopping $39k,  there were preapprovals for new and refinance auto loans.

Previously I only had savings at PenFed, no checking account. Since PenFed uses the same credit inquiry and the CSR said they would simply use the existing reports on file, I went ahead and opened the Access America checking too.

pffff thats nothing. I was approved for an AMEX Iridium with a $250k limit last night. Credit game is crazy. Where is davis968Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 32
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Wow. I joined a few weeks ago. I think in the long run I'll be glad about that decision.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 27 of 32
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

How does someone get a $259k limit. Amazing.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 28 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

pffff thats nothing. I was approved for an AMEX Iridium with a $250k limit last night. Credit game is crazy. Where is davis968Smiley LOL

😂😂😂

Message 29 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome!!!! Please add your stats to approval thread.😉

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.