cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep seeing this on denial letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do I keep seeing this on denial letter?

"Ratio of balance to limit on bank revolving or other rev accounts too high"

Is this pertaining to my utilization?

I'm at freaking 3%!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do I keep seeing this on denial letter?

How long have you been at 3%?   Sometimes it takes a month or so for all 3 to clear out.  During a recent Mortgage approval I received a copy of my report that had noted certain items that impacted my score.  One of them was the same quote you received and I had been around 3% for a while.  I made a large purchase and paid it off when the statement came out.  That's probably what caused it in my case. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I've been at 3% for 2 months and currently 1% but that's about to go up. So frustrated
Message 3 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

i wouldn't worry about it... its just one of the reasons they use.  

When ever you recieve your credit score, they include the major reason why your score is not higher. It's true that they would like it to be 1%, but not zero.  But how much it is impacting your score may be minimal. Note the reason is autogenerated by a computer program. Not an actual human. They will continue to put a reason on your report until you hit 850.  

If you don't like seeing this reason on your credit score statements,  miss a couple payments, or get a tax lein on it on your report, and they won't make mention of your high UTL then.   This is not my recomendation. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at freaking 3%!

Hi OP,

Is this 3% overall utilization?

What is your individual utilization for each of your credit cards and/or loans. Are all the accounts reporting balances, and how much?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at freaking 3%!

don't feel bad, PenFed denied my recent Power Cash thingy app saying that I had sufficient indebtedness relative to limits.

I was at a whopping 4% utilization overall. Now I am below 1%, we'll see if they have anything new to say once all 3 FICOs have updated.

Message 6 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

It could be pertaining to loans , I have a student loan and often see that message by it's on a repayment plan
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good Recon situation-especially if you can prove the low Utilization (I would offer but they probably won't take you up on it)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.