cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife denied Southwest Plus card because I have one?

tag
thecheese
Established Member

Wife denied Southwest Plus card because I have one?

I had the companion pass from the California promo at the end of 2017, so I had my wife apply for the business and plus cards to get the 60k and 50k bonuses since the terms state I couldn't get the signup bonus within 24 months of my last bonus. Several days after applying for the southwest plus card, Chase had no record of the application, so she put in another application for the priority card this time, thinking the previous link might have been broken. She was approved for the business and for the priority, but we got a letter in the mail today saying she was denied for the original application for the plus because “you already have this product” (listing the last 4 digits of _my_ Southwest Plus card). She does *not* have any Southwest card (prior to these apps) and is not an authorized user on my Southwest card. My worry is that they’ll also deny her the 50k bonus because they think she already got a signup bonus related to my card. Anyone have any experience with their SO’s account interfering with rewards/approval like this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wife denied Southwest Plus card because I have one?

I would call Chase, and see what is going on. Probably an error. 

Message 2 of 3
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Wife denied Southwest Plus card because I have one?

I havn't had that error but I did have something that was sort of similar. I filled out an app for a CC many months ago and submitted it. The lender said they would contact me, I then found out that when submitting the info - auto-fill on the browser put in my information and then some pieces of info that was for my wife. So somehow, it had my name, address and social but the wife's DOB. Have you checked to see if auto-fill possibly put in some of your info and your wife's on the app?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.