Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will AMEX approve me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will AMEX approve me?

I was interested in applying for the Amex Platinum but I’m unemployed at the moment. However, I have ~ 520k between savings and investments. Am I able to list this total under “annual income” on the application? I’m hoping to start working again soon but just wanted to know what my chances were of getting approved if I were to pull the trigger and apply now.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will AMEX approve me?

wrote:

I was interested in applying for the Amex Platinum but I’m unemployed at the moment. However, I have ~ 520k between savings and investments. Am I able to list this total under “annual income” on the application? I’m hoping to start working again soon but just wanted to know what my chances were of getting approved if I were to pull the trigger and apply now.

You could list it under assets. But no that is not right to list savings of any type as income. Now if you invest you can list any gains as income. Any real income taxed or not can be put down. In this site anything illegal can’t be advised. Hope you get a job quick so you can put that employment down. If you are getting unemployment I’d say that can be put down. Just a thought if that’s the case. 

Message 2 of 4
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Check the Amex Prequalified site.

But with no income. They might not be willing to approve you. You do have a lot of assets though. I would expect to provide proof of those assets during recon if declined.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd consider unemployment to be income.  Also, any fixed income portfolio's within your investments?  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.