cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Amex pull New report for existing member for new app?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Amex pull New report for existing member for new app?

DH has a BCE and Green. His EX just became completely clean yesterday due to 3 mo EE...no more BK!

His Amex statement cut on the 11th and his FICO updated then too. If he applies for another Amex now will they pull an updated report (clean) vs using the SP they most recently pulled (has BK)?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Amex pull New report for existing member for new app?

I recently applied as a current customer and they pulled a report that was a month old. I would definitely wait until it updates with the AMEX myFICO tool and maybe even a few more weeks after that. Hope this helps!
Message 2 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently applied as a current customer and they pulled a report that was a month old. I would definitely wait until it updates with the AMEX myFICO tool and maybe even a few more weeks after that. Hope this helps!

+1 AMEX is known to use old pulls when apping for current cardholders so definitely wait at least a month for AMEX to SP a fresh report.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 4 of 11
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Just another vote that says Amex may use a recent SP to open a new card.

I was able to open ED and Plat (months apart) without a HP. I had prequal offers for both though.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG was a HP for me but that was after a SP for CLI and I didn't mind the've been terrific worth the hit.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
DH has a BCE and Green. His EX just became completely clean yesterday due to 3 mo EE...no more BK!

His Amex statement cut on the 11th and his FICO updated then too. If he applies for another Amex now will they pull an updated report (clean) vs using the SP they most recently pulled (has BK)?

OP, I spoke to 2 reps last week, and chatted with one to get this info -
If you an existing member and are prequaled for a card, then Amex uses old SP.

If you an existing member and are Not prequaled for a card, then Amex does a HP.

I hope this helps.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you an existing member and are Not prequaled for a card, then Amex does a HP.

I hope this helps.

That is great information!

Message 8 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope this helps.

Interesting, so I'm guessing that "you are pre-qualified" language actually means something when you browse the card lineup and click on a card. Thanks for the info.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all! DH is going to wait until next month when his scores update before applying. He doesn’t want to get stuck with another toy limit.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.