Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be pushing my luck with NFCU?

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Will I be pushing my luck with NFCU?

In the past week I am thrilled to say that NFCU approved me for a $10,000 VISA cashrewards and a NAVCHEK for $15,000.  I am taking a cruise in May and must pay the $4200 by March 6th and would love to have this debt go on a travel rewards Visa that NFCU has - will I be considered greedy/desperate for asking for a second Visa so soon after getting approved for the first?  My other cards are a Qiuksilver with a $300 CLI and a Barclays Arrival with a $1500 CLI.  Thoughts and/or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I be pushing my luck with NFCU?

Do you mean that you want to apply for another card?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daddiggingout wrote:

In the past week I am thrilled to say that NFCU approved me for a $10,000 VISA cashrewards and a NAVCHEK for $15,000.  I am taking a cruise in May and must pay the $4200 by March 6th and would love to have this debt go on a travel rewards Visa that NFCU has - will I be considered greedy/desperate for asking for a second Visa so soon after getting approved for the first?  My other cards are a Qiuksilver with a $300 CLI and a Barclays Arrival with a $1500 CLI.  Thoughts and/or suggestions greatly appreciated.

If you apply for  the Flagship please remember that it will be another HP.  As they gave you $10K for your first card and not the full $25K I would assume that they feel that's the maximum credit that, based on your income and credit that they are willing to extend you.

Id suggest that you wait for at least 3-6 months before applying for another card.  Whether you put the $4200 on the cash rewards card that you have or the Flagship you're still receiving rewards back.

Message 3 of 6
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Thanks much for the feedback.  I will wait until after the three month mark and will by then have charged and paid off an average of $8,000 within each billing statement.  Out of curiousity, approximately how much of a score boost will I see once the two NFCU products report for the first time?  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would and will personally wait until flagship is offering a bonus to app for it.
Message 5 of 6
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

If someone tell you how many points they would be fibbing lol it fully depends on profile you could gain or lose points 

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.