cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for pre-qualifed credit cards??

tag
hernaemm90
New Contributor

Re: What are my chances???

I don't have a Citi card so I don't know about Citi but I would say you definitely qualify for Discover and Amex. 

My First and oldest card is my Discover IT card that I got 9 months ago. I'm college student working part time so my income isn't even that high, between $15k - $20k.

As for Amex, it may depend on the card you're trying to get but I got approved for the Hilton Honors card last month, still in the previously mentioned income range.

Message 11 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome

Going off the DPs you have provided with only 1 FICO score, I suggest applying for Discover and/or AmX in about 4 months (your C1 has aged to 6 mos). Having at least 3 CCs is good for max FICO scoring. Since you only have 1 CC, you are losing points for having a $0 balance. Use this card for 4 more months with a balance of at least 1-3% balance reporting.  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thanks for your input. My fico score is based off 2 CCs. Have 1 Capital One which closed in good standing for 7 years 

Doesn't it count?

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

I'm pre-approved for the Amex blue cash

What is your credit limit on the Amex  Hilton Honors?

Message 14 of 28
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Your score of 715 with a thick credit file would get you an approval more often than not, however, you have a very thin file at the moment.
As already suggested by @CreditInspired, wait a few more months then apply for either or both the cards you are approved for.
Spend limits given to you will most likely be low, don't let that discourage you, the new card companies have to get to know you a little first.
If you do have the itch right now however, Amex maybe your best bet but that is not a given. Good luck.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Priory_Man wrote:
Your score of 715 with a thick credit file would get you an approval more often than not, however, you have a very thin file at the moment.

I don't believe that the OP has a thin file, although he didn't specifically state how many accounts are on his CR.  He has one open CC, but presumably his file may be thick as his AAoA is ~7.x years and his AoOA double that at ~15.x years.  If this credit card is the only account he's opened in the last 15 years (2 total accounts on his CR) then yes, it's a thin file.  OP, how many total accounts do you have on your CR, both open and closed?

My next question to the OP comes down to utilization.  Where does your reported utilization currently sit?  715 is a very low score for a clean file, especially given your age of accounts factors.  Most people with just 1 account and 6-9 months of credit history debut with a FICO score greater than the one you provided. 

Message 16 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Unless that is really the only open revolving account reporting $0 balance, in which case they are losing around 15 points. 

Message 17 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hate saying it, but I was right

OP, we went through this just a day ago. Nothing really changed 

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total accounts on CR - 2 

1 - OPEN

1- CLOSED

Both from Capital One

Utilization currently sit 0% since $0 balance on the open account 

Message 19 of 28
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’d start with Disco, and then try for Amex. Citi is hard to say. They may not like the thinness of your file.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.