cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Kohl’s Store Credit Card Approve me?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will Kohl’s Store Credit Card Approve me?

If a store card is something that can benefit you greatly, ie, you always shop there and the rewards add up with specials and such, then go for it when you are ready. If its just to have a Kohls just because, not a good idea. Definetely work on your utilization before adding more credit cards because if your scores are still in the 500s after 6 years with no baddies, you are only holding yourself back from getting the credit you deserveSmiley Wink. Just mhoSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store cards? from reading they short ya life of credit file becareful.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are completely right! Before I maxed my cards out I had a 700 plus score. That was a year ago. Now according to 5-8 different credit score simulators I’ll have close to a 760 when I pay my debt off. Now I would really love to do this. I just wish I could get a loan at a lower or equal APR to my cards. I can’t find any lending company’s from reviews that in my upper 500s range would be less or equal to the average 21% I pay in interest. So until I can find a way to get 17 grand to pay off this debt I’m stuck in a cycle of paying monthly minimums and then interest rolling it over. I have 0 inquiries in 2 years. Someone have advice here? My next application is gonna be a d*mn good one. Excuse the Italian. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.