cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Synchrony approve another account???

tag
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Will Synchrony approve another account???

Hello Everyone. 

I was approved for a Belk card in August. I did a bit of a credit app spree and was denied for another card for synchrony because of the number of inquiries. My Transunion score is about 718. Since it has been about four months, do you think they will approve me for another card with another company? I am trying to raise my available credit as much as I can. 

Thank you guys for any help you are able to give!!!!!!!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
JFoBoston
Established Member

Re: Will Synchrony approve another account???

Hey - my scores are in the mid 600's and I have about 6 different Synchrony cards...  I would think based on your score (and income) that Synchrony would be happy to lend to you.  

Most of my cards are fairly new and my "GO TO" in rebuilding and increasing Trade Lines (CareCredit was 7k line, known to be very generous).

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not enough here here to even provide an answer. That score could be Vantage, your profile could be 6 months old. Please add relevant data points to be able to help gauge your chances. What are your 3 Fico scores? What is your AAoA , how many inquiries do you have? Any baddies on report? Oldest account? Youngest account? Things like this help because people can compare and share experience. Income isnt everything for approvals nor is credit score. Also just because one gets approved for one card by one lender doesnt mean they will automatically spprove another card. Every card has different underwriting. ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I think for the most part sync is pretty flexible but without more DP’s it would be harder to say. What’s the age of your oldest account and the average age of accounts, when did you last open an account? How many inquiries in the last 6/12/24 months?

Most folks here recommend (that I’ve seen) apping as close together as 1 every 4-6 months with 1 every 6 months being ideal.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

Hello Everyone. 

I was approved for a Belk card in August. I did a bit of a credit app spree and was denied for another card for synchrony because of the number of inquiries. My Transunion score is about 718. Since it has been about four months, do you think they will approve me for another card with another company? I am trying to raise my available credit as much as I can. 

Thank you guys for any help you are able to give!!!!!!!!!!!

"I did a bit of a credit app spree and was denied for another card for synchrony because of the number of inquiries"

This should be a sign to lay off the apps for a while.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to find out.
Message 6 of 11
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

IT'S been four months since my last app though. 

Message 7 of 11
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

How dare you? LOL

Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

How dare you? LOL

Your best friend right nowseedling-transparent.png

Message 9 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

IT'S been four months since my last app though. 

Four months isn't that much in the credit world. Typically six months is a good minimum, but a year to two years is best.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.