cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will US Bank care about auto loan inquiries?

tag
Mnk1
New Contributor

Will US Bank care about auto loan inquiries?

Re: [Now Live] US Bank Altitude Connect - How soon is too soon?

Just got the Cash+ 12/25/2020. Barely squeeked by with 5k CL. No other relationship and no other external cards or inq in last 12 months. <1% credit usage of127K. Scores in 785+. 

Too soon?

7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will US Bank care about auto loan inquiries?

They will take those into account.  If the application is denied for those specific reasons, perhaps a reconsideration is possible to explain the auto financing inquiries.  All other credit-related factors considered, how many inquiries are we talking about?

Message 2 of 8
Mnk1
New Contributor

For auto on 6/8/21:

2 on EX (Bank of America and Wells Fargo Dealer Services).

3 on TU (Wells Fargo Dealer Services, Citizens One, and GM Financial).

Only other credit card inquiry in last 12 months was for UB Bank on 12/25/20 on TU. 

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Mnk1 wrote:

For auto on 6/8/21:

2 on EX (Bank of America and Wells Fargo Dealer Services).

3 on TU (Wells Fargo Dealer Services, Citizens One, and GM Financial).

Only other credit card inquiry in last 12 months was for UB Bank on 12/25/20 on TU. 

Ah gotcha.  From my perspective, it doesn't seem like a whole lot inquiries -- I was thinking 15-20 Smiley Very Happy (like the usual 'shotgun' methods used by some dealers).  So, I think you should be ok to apply.  How soon were you looking to do so?

I'll let others opine based on anecdotal experiences.

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Mnk1 wrote:
Re: [Now Live] US Bank Altitude Connect - How soon is too soon?

Just got the Cash+ 12/25/2020. Barely squeeked by with 5k CL. No other relationship and no other external cards or inq in last 12 months. <1% credit usage of127K. Scores in 785+. 

Too soon?

My impression of US Bank is that it's pretty inquiry-sensitive. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 8
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

I was initially denied the USB Go in January due to 2 mortgage inquiries from 3 months prior.  After receiving the denial letter, I called the recon number found on here on MF.  After a few days of manual review, they approved my application for $5k.

Sounds like you may be in for the same thing... an initial denial but a possible recon approval.  I say "Go for it" since you already have some inquiries, what's one more!  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I was initially denied the USB Go in January due to 2 mortgage inquiries from 3 months prior.  After receiving the denial letter, I called the recon number found on here on MF.  After a few days of manual review, they approved my application for $5k.

Sounds like you may be in for the same thing... an initial denial but a possible recon approval.  I say "Go for it" since you already have some inquiries, what's one more!  Smiley Wink

I had the same experience with mortgage inquiries and after review, they approved my application. I explain my inquiries were due to mortgage shopping which resulted in a mortgage that they did see on the report.

Echo, if you want the card, go for it.

Message 7 of 8
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

My guess is they will take that into consideration.  Their algorithims are very sensitive with inquiries and I don't think the computer can know the difference, all it sees is how many have pulled your CR.  If you apply and it gets denied, you can always call and speak to a representitive and explain what all the pulls are about.

JR
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.