cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will asking for 3X CLI on Amex cause a HP!?

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Will asking for 3X CLI on Amex cause a HP!?

I'm hearing mixed feedback and I asked a Amex representative online yesterday they said they may do a Soft Pull at first and if they don't go through with it then I can call and do the HP at that time but when I went to ask again with someone else today just to be reassured they said (Amex representative) it will be a HP.....now I'm confused so it is or it isn't on a 3X CLI when the 61 days arrives?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will asking for 3X CLI on Amex cause a HP!?

Soft Pull. Granted, I'm sure there may be certain situations where a HP *could* possibly happen, but I've yet to see any reports on individuals obtaining a CLI via HP.
Message 2 of 9
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I guess we will see it says I'll receive a written response in 7-10 days is that normal?    Sorry first time asking for a CLI

Message 3 of 9
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I also did something super stupid and forgot to unlock my Experian file before asking for it.....so is that the reason they need to mail me a response?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look up the Amex 3X CLI thread.  There's a ton of information in there that you'll find useful.

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I guess we will see it says I'll receive a written response in 7-10 days is that normal?    Sorry first time asking for a CLI

Usually, the 7-10 message yields a decline.  Not always, but for the most part.  Having your EX locked shouldn't make a difference since AmEx typically SP's your CRA pretty often.  You can give it a few days to see whether there's any change to the CL or you can reach out to them to learn the outcome of the CLI request. 

Message 6 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Crazy things could happen I suppose, but my CLIs (even the 3x) have always been SP. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I'm hearing mixed feedback and I asked a Amex representative online yesterday they said they may do a Soft Pull at first and if they don't go through with it then I can call and do the HP at that time but when I went to ask again with someone else today just to be reassured they said (Amex representative) it will be a HP.....now I'm confused so it is or it isn't on a 3X CLI when the 61 days arrives?

I think the 2nd rep was sniffing glue on lunchbreak.  Just my $.02.

Message 8 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Amex is SP for almost all CLIs.. and will counter if they dont want to give you the full amount (like in my case)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.