cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

Hello,

I recently closed my Wells Fargo checking account that I have had since around 2015 or 2016 as a teen checking account as I was underage at that time. However, I do currently have the college student cashback card with a $600 limit, so I was wondering if having that card with them will give me enough of a relationship history to be able to get the Propel, even though I closed that checking account.

My current score is 706 (experian fico 8). Keep in mind that I am fairly new to credit, that college card was my first card and is only 9 months old.

Other accounts i have right now are:

-Amex BCE ($2000) *not reported yet

-Discover Chome for students ($500)

-Cap1 quicksilver ($300)

-Chase FU ($500) *not reported yet

-Synchrony google store ($2000)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

being that all of your cards are new..... it's irrelevant right now.  

as long as you didn't have a negative experience with them it shouldn't sway it one way or the other.  just let your cards mature for at least a year and give it a shot. 

i never had an account with them in the past and they gave me a Propel @ $7500... I hit the bonus requirements and ran with the $300 all the way to my actual bank.

Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

WF is pretty conservative but a relationship is not required.

I got approved for Propel with SL of $3,500 which is pretty low for me.

7-8 months later, I got a 900 CLI which is also pretty low for me.

I agree with letting your cards age and letting some of your inquiries drop off.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.