cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

Hello,

I recently closed my Wells Fargo checking account that I have had since around 2015 or 2016 as a teen checking account as I was underage at that time. However, I do currently have the college student cashback card with a $600 limit, so I was wondering if having that card with them will give me enough of a relationship history to be able to get the Propel, even though I closed that checking account.

My current score is 706 (experian fico 8). Keep in mind that I am fairly new to credit, that college card was my first card and is only 9 months old.

Other accounts i have right now are:

-Amex BCE ($2000) *not reported yet

-Discover Chome for students ($500)

-Cap1 quicksilver ($300)

-Chase FU ($500) *not reported yet

-Synchrony google store ($2000)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

being that all of your cards are new..... it's irrelevant right now.  

as long as you didn't have a negative experience with them it shouldn't sway it one way or the other.  just let your cards mature for at least a year and give it a shot. 

i never had an account with them in the past and they gave me a Propel @ $7500... I hit the bonus requirements and ran with the $300 all the way to my actual bank.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 2 of 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Will closed WF checking account affect approval odds for Propel?

WF is pretty conservative but a relationship is not required.

I got approved for Propel with SL of $3,500 which is pretty low for me.

7-8 months later, I got a 900 CLI which is also pretty low for me.

I agree with letting your cards age and letting some of your inquiries drop off.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k+ unsecured credit in 2017  -  $250k+ unsecured credit in 2019.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

10% Rotating - Discover                    5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl         4% Dining & Entertain - Savor            3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything Else - Flagship          1% Cancer Charity - Fifth Third          0% Finance Promos - Venture & QuickSilver

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.