cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will sync bank close accounts for no activity?

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Will sync bank close accounts for no activity?

I was just wondering if sync bank would close my Sam's club personal account for not using it. I really have no use for it since I have a walmart store card however both of these accounts have 3500 credit lines on them and I really would like to keep them both open. I also have a amazon store card with a 3500 credit limit that I barely use. When I got my sams card the store rep did tell me they could close it if I don't use it. Anyone's input would be appreciated. Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Will sync bank close accounts for no activity?

They usually cld it first after a year or so. And yes will eventually close for inactivity.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every six months or so, put a few bucks through to keep activity on it.  That should keep all the accounts active.

Message 3 of 11
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks everyone
Message 4 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Your Sam's Club card will work at Walmart.  So the next time you shop there...swipe your Sam's Club card instead of Walmart just to put some occasional use on there.  

Message 5 of 11
Sexyblue
Contributor

I do not know if they do it for all of their cards. However, they closed my carecredit 4000 CL, only reason stated was no activity. I did not use the card in a year.  

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit and my Chevron closed inactivity the Walmart I didn't I use for 8 months and it was still fine.

Care Credit makes sense because they give huge limits vs Walmart. that is risk to move around people who are actually going to use it
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops I forgot one I still have an open Honda credit card from 2001 when I added my newegg, it showed up on my profile I can walk right in and buy a motorcycle 10k limit. Thanks but no thanks
Message 8 of 11
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Oh wow I didn't even know this was a thing with them. I have a Chevron Texaco card that I never use and they were sold to Syncrhony. I should probably put spend on it right away or I'm losing 10K of credit! O_O

Thanks MyFico Friends!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

They closed my $1500 CL Ashley Furnature card for no activity. Was only like 15 months old

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.