Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams Sonoma Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams Sonoma Credit card

I have a Williams Sonoma Credit card with $1,000 credit line. I was denied when I was requested an increase after 4 statements. I applied for another increase after 6 statements. The reason is my card is not old enough.

Any advice

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: Williams Sonoma Credit card

@Anonymouswrote:

I have a Williams Sonoma Credit card with $1,000 credit line. I was denied when I was requested an increase after 4 statements. I applied for another increase after 6 statements. The reason is my card is not old enough.

Any advice

Thanks,

Chris

I feel your pain. I had this card, with its $1000 limit that I received in 2016. I tried using it monthly, and I was not able to get it to grow, despite nearly maxing it out (I replaced all my dishes!). I got rid of it at 9 months and haven't missed it since. 

The only advice I would have is to use it and wait if are really wanting to get it to grow - though I can't tell you how long it may take. 

Message 2 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

They usually give you an increase after 1 year.

Message 3 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I think that I started getting increases on mine after 3 months.... I’m on th 30 day $1500 CLI train, card is 17(?) months old and sits at $17550 as of yesterday

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 6
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Any advice

Thanks,

Chris

I got the WS store card in January 2017 with a starting limit of $250. In August of 2017 they approved a CLI of $1500 X 2 via the luv button bringing my limit to $3250.  In October 2017 the limit was again increased to $4850.  Nothing since then. I have spent $2 of my own money and their $20 birthday bonus and the opening $25 reward.  Ordered measuring cups and a meat thermometer. 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny how fickle some card companies seem. I got the Williams Sonoma Visa a year ago (with only 6 month's credit history and three secured cards) with a 2k CL and was given an (unrequested) CLI of 400.00 after 6 months, for a total of 2,400.00. Next month I'm going make my first CLI request ... hoping I don't get denied. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.