Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Hyatt Credit Card approval chances

tag
jibc1978
Frequent Contributor

World of Hyatt Credit Card approval chances

hello community!

Kind of a lazy post (apologies!), but was wondering what my approval odds were for the World of Hyatt credit card? I got approved in early March for the CSP (3/3) and the CFF (3/7) and i'm interested in this card because it would complement the CSP and CFF well.

Basic Info: 3/24; 92K income; 800s FICO; Oldest: 15+ years

Do you think I would have any issue getting approved for this card if I apply today? (based on velocity)

Should i wait another month to apply for it?

Should i not waste my time?  hehehe

Thank you in advance for any thoughts/advice shared!

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Store Cards:

Credit Health:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: World of Hyatt Credit Card approval chances

@jibc1978 wrote:

hello community!

Kind of a lazy post (apologies!), but was wondering what my approval odds were for the World of Hyatt credit card? I got approved in early March for the CSP (3/3) and the CFF (3/7) and i'm interested in this card because it would complement the CSP and CFF well.

Do you think I would have any issue getting approved for this card if I apply today? (based on velocity)

I think your chances are excellent.

I think the 2 months you've waited is enough.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 5
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jibc1978 wrote:

hello community!

I think your chances are excellent.

I think the 2 months you've waited is enough.

I agree. And a 800 credit, there's enough buffer to not even make a big deal if you are denied. I have only waited 2 months with Chase a bunch of times.

Message 3 of 5
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

I concur that your odds are probably excellent as long as you're still under 5/24 for new accounts, @jibc1978

The WoH is a great hotel card and packs a lot of value, especially if you stay often at Hyatt. 

Just for consideration, I'll mention that I had the card but decided to close it since I didn't want to dilute my UR points from Sapphire and decided my spend doesn't really lend itself to dabbling in too many ecosystems.   However, Hyatt is also a transfer partner for Chase so your Chase Sapphire Preferred points can be moved over to Hyatt at about 1.7 cpp redemption.   So this card is mainly valuable for the SUB, the free annual night, earning Hyatt points (4x) directly by in-hotel stays, and Discoverist Status perks. 

If you plan to make it a daily driver for general-spend, you'll earn a second free annual night after spending $15K annually.  The card has enhanced earnings (2x) on dining, airfare, transit, and fitness centers.  Just keep in mind that unless you've got high spend overall, and if you're paying other AFs such as on CSP, you're diluting spend to use this card outside of Hyatt where it probably out-earns anything else in your wallet. 

I'm debating whether I want to reopen my WoH in the future since I'd be eligible for another SUB plus the above benefits.  It's just a matter of whether managing these additional hotel cards is worth the time.  Because Marriott has a larger footprint that Hyatt or even Hilton, I have erred more in that direction with my hotel cards. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 5
jibc1978
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your feedback, I will think about it a little more before applying, my goal with this card is to use it as a daily driver to complement my CFF and CSP in other categories like gas and groceries, but at the moment i have the 5% SUB on groceries on the CFF that runs through march next year. 

I still think it is a solid option and the free night more than covers the AF, but I need to analyze if I have sufficient organic spend to get to 15k for the extra night award, again thank you all the feedback! 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Store Cards:

Credit Health:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.