Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow discover 5k

Thank you AJC yes it stings a lil bit lol
Message 41 of 61
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wonder what is causing all of this? So unlike Disco . Maybe they created a new algorithm ?
Message 42 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes, sorry to hear!

I guess it's time for us credit seekers to stop seeking. I hope Disco doesn't try to pull that on my new Miles because I don't file taxes on $18K. 

Message 43 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just specluation, but guessing charge-off rates are climbing with them.  As certainly alot of reports recently and they are covering their bases.  Nothing to back this other then their CO's have been going up as of last quarter a simple google search can yield this.  Maybe it has gotten worse?  

Sorry to hear this none-the-less never fun having an approval pulled, but they did give you a chance to provide the info, whether that changed their end decision we will never know until other DP's of people that have had it requested give us some DP's of the outcome.

I found it funny that HSBC recently asked me for POI although not a 4506-t they wanted to see pay checks so something might be going on in the credit industry that we aren't aware of.  I provided and once I did the approval came through.. Different situation, but first time ever been asked for POI other then a CU.

Message 44 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I found it funny that HSBC recently asked me for POI although not a 4506-t they wanted to see pay checks so something might be going on in the credit industry that we aren't aware of.  I provided and once I did the approval came through.. Different situation, but first time ever been asked for POI other then a CU.

Downturn paranoia may be starting to ramp up.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 45 of 61
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well AJC l wont have to wait a week buddy .they called today wanting to let Equifax pull my tax records .after what I went through with amex in 2010 I told them no .so she closed it 5k few away but it's ok.

Just so you know, you can probably call Credit One back and ask for the 1k limit and keep the card. I would try sooner, rather than later, if having this card is a necessity for you. Just an idea... I'm sorry to hear of your troubles! Good luck!!! 🤞🏻

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 46 of 61
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Wow discover 5k-Update Closed by grantor

Sorry for the closure, @Anonymous.  Smiley Sad

Quick question... I notice that you mentioned in the initial post that some of your credit files were previously frozen; by any chance do you have any of the smaller secondary bureaus locked or frozen?  (By secondary, I'm referring to ARS, Sagestream, Innovis, LexisNexis, Chex, etc.)

Message 47 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy increased its secured nRewards card from 5 months to 13 months. Somethings definately going on in the industry. I can tell you for sure that banks are short on cash. Repo rate is trash. Wall St is spooked big time.
Message 48 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I've never messed with the smaller credit company's just eq ex and you
Message 49 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Gramps, I'm really sorry this happened to you.
Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.