cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Invitation/Application/Denial/2nd Invitation

tag

X1 Invitation/Application/Denial/2nd Invitation

I have waited for quite some time to received an invite for the X1 credit card.  I initially received an invite on or around March 10th and was denied due to: to many recent cards application(3), too many bank 🏦 accounts ??, and no current personal loans (paid off Nov 21).  So now less than 2 weeks later I received another invite, what's happening?  Has anyone else had this experience?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: X1 Invitation/Application/Denial/2nd Invitation

@Just_my_opinion wrote:

I have waited for quite some time to received an invite for the X1 credit card.  I initially received an invite on or around March 10th and was denied due to: to many recent cards application(3), too many bank 🏦 accounts ??, and no current personal loans (paid off Nov 21).  So now less than 2 weeks later I received another invite, what's happening?  Has anyone else had this experience?

I've not read of anyone getting a second invite sent to them. 🤷 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 6
DesertWanderer
Frequent Contributor

At least you are getting invites--still waiting for mine. lol

Message 3 of 6
disney2
Regular Contributor

I hope I get a second one.  I just got my first one and got denied for the same reasons. I own my home, my cars, and have no personal loans so they only see CC debt on my report. 

Message 4 of 6

Just received a reminder that my invite will be expiring soon but given that I was turned down in the last 30 days; it just doesn't make sense to me to reapply and possibly received another credit pull since I just got hit with an inquiry by Chase for a CLI request and denied due to their 5/24 Rule.  Given those factors, I would highly suggest you look to see if you seek any of the Chase family of cards and apply for them before hitting your 5/24 ceiling or adding another credit card to your mix.  Goodluck!

Message 5 of 6
LADave
Established Contributor

@Just_my_opinion wrote:

Just received a reminder that my invite will be expiring soon but given that I was turned down in the last 30 days; it just doesn't make sense to me to reapply and possibly received another credit pull since I just got hit with an inquiry by Chase for a CLI request and denied due to their 5/24 Rule.  Given those factors, I would highly suggest you look to see if you seek any of the Chase family of cards and apply for them before hitting your 5/24 ceiling or adding another credit card to your mix.  Goodluck!

Unless they've changed their policy recently, X1 does not hard pull until you they make you an offer and you accept it, so you wouldn't get a HP if you're denied. It's similar to the Goldman Sachs Apple and GM co-branded cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.