Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Invitation Then Denial

tag
mrtech3
New Contributor

X1 Invitation Then Denial

Got the invite today...I went through the app and it asked for personal information then went on to ask for income...When I hit submit at no point did it try to link up or ask me what bank I use...It said we can't offer you a card at this time we will email you in a few days with the reasons why...Anyone else get this response?...

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Invitation Then Denial

Yep , took 3 weeks for the email . Too many bankruptcies . Which is 1 , 9 years ago . But 1 too many . 

@mrtech3 wrote:

Got the invite today...I went through the app and it asked for personal information then went on to ask for income...When I hit submit at no point did it try to link up or ask me what bank I use...It said we can't offer you a card at this time we will email you in a few days with the reasons why...Anyone else get this response?...

Message 2 of 15
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

That's a bummer, sorry to hear about the denial. Do you have a bk on your report?

Message 3 of 15
blazerein
Established Contributor

I got the invite too then SP denial.  Reason is that bank can't verify my income.  I put Household income like I always do and not my actual Annual income and they denied me.  The good news is that - it was a Soft Pull.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 4 of 15
thatsrichh

A similar thing happened to me. Got denied after sending in bank statements but creditworthiness is there. Because this process is "based on the information provided" part of me wants to pursue a reconsideration (even if such a thing exists with X1) and the other half thinks, "did I dodge a bullet with this one?"

Does X1 have some kind of recon or reapplication path/wait period? Or should this be let go?

Message 5 of 15
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Goos wrote:

Yep , took 3 weeks for the email . Too many bankruptcies . Which is 1 , 9 years ago . But 1 too many . 

@mrtech3 wrote:

Wow! 9-years ago and that is the reason they give for denial? Sheesh, seems a bit much to me. I mean, how long has one gotta wait? I thought the standard 7-years was the going rate as it pertains to being out of that BK purgatory. Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Sad

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 15
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Wait you have a BK from 9 years ago still reporting...that's a little ridiculous.

3/3/24
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A chapter 13 stays on your report for 7 years. A chapter 7 stays on your report for 10 years.

Thanks

Mark

Message 8 of 15
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A chapter 13 stays on your report for 7 years. A chapter 7 stays on your report for 10 years.

Thanks

Mark

Oh wow. I'm so glad I didn't declare bankruptcy now but at one point I had given it serious consideration.

3/3/24
Message 9 of 15
ACTonic

Hi All,

Apologies for bumping an old post, I'm just always so hesitant posting a new post on a topic already discussed. I'm trying to google a recon phone number for X1, but to no avail. I'm starting to assume that's not available, does anyone know otherwise? I too got an invitation and then denial, their email cited too many recent derogatory accounts, which is completely untrue (unless they're considering "recent" many years ago)… I'm wondering what the data points are for being derogatory so I wanted to discuss it with them.

I've been current for years and spent a lot of time rebuilding my credit and currently I'm just under 700 with $95,000 of income and everything has been current for quite some time. Can I call anyone over there?

Thanks, everyone!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.