OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: X1 and Bank Access

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@CCrew wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

CCrew,

I had to send them copies of paystubs to get approved.  My issue was they couldn't verify all my income due to retirement and tax deductions.  When I sent them, it was approved literally the next day.

Guyatthebeach

Thanks. I offered to send them paystubs, as you can see by the message I posted seems now they still require linked bank accounts or statements sent . While it may work for others, I'm not going to send off multiple bank statements + paystubs just to get a CC. I'm an Infosec engineer, there's this certain adversity to blindly sending off PII . I'm good with not getting the X1. Thanks for the response tho.  

If you link your bank account as a payment method, aren't you doing basically the same thing?

That's not giving full blown access to your bank account, though. It's only giving checking account details for ACH payment purposes. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

X1 Denied - Couldn't Verify Income

Well, I've been waiting for my invite and it finally came this morning. I dropped my app, got the approval and tried connecting to my Chase bank account with Plaid. The system didn't work and kept taking me into a loop, so I emailed my PDF bank statements instead and received a denial letter a few hours later, saying they couldn't verify my income. I wonder if they even opened and looked at the bank statements at all? I tried emailing back and haven't heard anything, oh well. I'll enjoy my brand new Chase Sapphire Preferred for the time being! 

Message 12 of 37
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: X1 Denied - Couldn't Verify Income

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear about your X1 card decline. 

Message 13 of 37
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the chase sapphire preferred it is a great card. Sorry about the X1. Don't worry you still took a win at the end of the day and will continue taking more Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 37
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

The upside is you likely will not see the hard HP since the account never opened, which is nice you didn't spend it on a denial. 

Message 15 of 37
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

X1 approval requires EXP HP and income verification. The second part may take some time but you can text them to expedite your request: 650-514-5504  They are usually very good about responding this way.

Message 16 of 37
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@CCrew wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

CCrew,

I had to send them copies of paystubs to get approved.  My issue was they couldn't verify all my income due to retirement and tax deductions.  When I sent them, it was approved literally the next day.

Guyatthebeach

Thanks. I offered to send them paystubs, as you can see by the message I posted seems now they still require linked bank accounts or statements sent . While it may work for others, I'm not going to send off multiple bank statements + paystubs just to get a CC. I'm an Infosec engineer, there's this certain adversity to blindly sending off PII . I'm good with not getting the X1. Thanks for the response tho.  

If you link your bank account as a payment method, aren't you doing basically the same thing?

That's not giving full blown access to your bank account, though. It's only giving checking account details for ACH payment purposes. 

Actually they get everything, account numbers, recent transactions, balances, average account daily balance, and direct deposit payees and bill pay exflows. 

best! 

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 17 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@californiaboy935 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@CCrew wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

CCrew,

Guyatthebeach

Actually they get everything, account numbers, recent transactions, balances, average account daily balance, and direct deposit payees and bill pay exflows. 

best! 

@californiaboy935 - linking a bank account for ACH payment transactions is not giving the institution full access unless it is initially used as a form of income analytics, such as the case with X1, when linked through Plaid. So, in the ordinary course of business, if a bank account is linked through another institution (payment transactions or B2B transfers, etc.), they don't get access to such data.

Message 18 of 37
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@californiaboy935 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@CCrew wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

CCrew,

Guyatthebeach

best! 

@californiaboy935 - linking a bank account for ACH payment transactions is not giving the institution full access unless it is initially used as a form of income analytics, such as the case with X1, when linked through Plaid. So, in the ordinary course of business, if a bank account is linked through another institution (payment transactions or B2B transfers, etc.), they don't get access to such data.

Sorry @FinStar I thought he was referring to the link created when applying for the X1 Card. Via Plaid.

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 19 of 37
black_citi
Established Contributor

Tried for the X1 but got denied because couldn't verify income

It's been a very long time since I last posted here (about 2 years). 

I can't remember when I actually signed up for the X1 invite but I got the email to apply for the card March 31. I was excited. 

That same day I put in all the required info and they said I was qualified. Cool. Went through plaid to verify my income and no dice. I have DCU as my main bank and from what I have been reading online a lot of other people also seem to have issues with DCU verifying their income through plaid.

Not a big deal.

I decided to wait til the next day (Friday April 1) to send in my bank statements. I clicked on the link to get their email, and I sent in my last 2 bank statements. I also sent in my last 2 settlements (i'm a truck driver who's a 1099). 

Today (Monday April 4), I get an email saying that they can't verify my income and therefore I can't get the card. Smiley Sad Bummer. 

I really wanted this card since they give high limits and I know I qualify for it. I don't quite understand why they couuldn't verify my income through those bank statements. Either way I decided to send in my 1099s and see if that helps. 

Has anyone else applied for this card, got denied because they couldn't verify your income and then you sent in more info and they were able to verify it and approve you for the card? 

Make More, Spend Less
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.