Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcel so called Pre-Approvals more like Pre-selected lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Xcel so called Pre-Approvals more like Pre-selected lol

@Gmood1 wrote:
Andrews FCU seems to have their stuff together. They offer some great products and rates across the board. It's a SP on TU to join and all you need is a 720 FICO EX for the best rates. They were probably the fastest of all my CUs at getting my debit card and checks out.

Thanks!  They use FICO 8?  Usually require POI?

Message 11 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I asked the CSR, she wasn't for sure what FICO score they used. My best guess is FICO 8. I haven't pulled the trigger on any of their products as yet. I've read mixed reviews on the PIO. For some reason they don't ask everyone who applies for their products.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
I asked the CSR, she wasn't for sure what FICO score they used. My best guess is FICO 8. I haven't pulled the trigger on any of their products as yet. I've read mixed reviews on the PIO. For some reason they don't ask everyone who applies for their products.

I joined the ACC and waiting for their membership number to go ahead and join Andrews.  Might have to hit them up for something before too lonh.

Message 13 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thats great, did you use the code "consumer" to join for free? Once you join Andrews they'll pay your lifetime membership with ACC. They offer $100,000 limit CCs for the deep pocket folks like yourself. Lol Actually it's $75k for business and $50k for personal I think.
The auto loan rates are attractive as well.

Message 14 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Okay, I've gone back and looked over my previous bookmarks and I don't see any info on Xcel FCU. So, how did you join? Was it a SP or HP? If HP, did you get any other products with the same pull? I know I have information on Andrews so I guess I'll join them now instead. Please reply at your convenience! Smiley Tongue

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 15 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Hey LadyJ, they pull EX unless something has changed. It's a HP to join. You can use that pull for 30 days to apply for other products. Use your ACC membership to join. I have the Xcel debit card locked in to Amazon. I hit the gift card recharge for 50 cents, 12 times to meet the 12 debit transactions. Last year I would spend $6 or $8 a month with Amazon and get almost $80 deposited monthly back into the account. I buy my home's HVAC filters from Amazon. So no money wasted.
They dropped the max from $50k to $25k for the rewards checking account.
This is the only thing you have to do in order to receive the 2% back. Unlike most that want a direct deposit or some other crazy hoop jumping qualifications.

I don't have any of their products as yet. They send out these preapprovals about every quarter. I've watched all the limits in the preapprovals rise and APRs go down over the last year or so. They will ask for POI and still do a HP on these so called pre-approvals. The screen cut them off, but there's more than what is showing in the screen shot.

Xcel used to be called the New York Port Authority Credit Union. I suppose they changed the name to let folks know they're open to everyone.

Message 16 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im a member of three CUs... 

HFCU - a bit conservative but friendly and has some competitive products.. Not a lot of "deep pocket" CL on CCs .. Also has an interesting forced savings product that makes 3% .... 

MIT FCU - Used to be good but after they opened it up to students... the fees went up and the offers became less tasty. Not really credit builder/rebuilder friendly..

Alliant- Conservative esp for CCs, but both savings and checking are interest bearing and home of the A.S.S loan (Alliant Secure Share Loan) 

CDs at Alliant are decent... not the best but still competitive...

Regret missing the boat on Navy.. 

Pondered DCU since they are so big around here... 

-J

Message 17 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Thanks Gmood. I think I'll hold off on adding more CUs right now. I'm still trying to get Bethpage funded and it took forever (well to me) to get Vantage funded because of Fidelity. After waiting 5 business days for them to actually credit funds they told me had been credited 6 days before, I tried to do a transfer and couldn't add a new bank because of their security protocol. In order to add an additional external account, you have to have a pin sent to your number on file. Well, because my account initially started with my 401k, the number on file is my work number which doesn't receive text. I tried about a million times (more like 6) to get it to call me and it would say that it was calling me, but my phone wasn't ringing. I then tried to update my info to add my cell, but I couldn't update my personal info without....you guessed it, a pin! So after trying that about 3 more times, I gave up and transferred the money to one of my external accounts on file. That amazingly, took no time. I sent it on Thursday and the money was credited and available on Friday.

I then had to add Bethpage as an  external account for PNC. And PNC for Vantage since I could log into my online banking account. I didn't want to do the login route, so I went with the 2 small deposits. Vantage was rather easy, if not long, I think about 7days total to get the funds in the account. But Bethpage, ugh! I got my debit card from them (and a lovely flashlight phone charger gift Smiley Very Happy) but the only way to activate the card was to go to an ATM to check my balance (since I didn't have any funds in the account - boy I wish I had known about using a credit card then, all this couldn've been avoided AND I'd have cashback Smiley Mad), but in order to do that, I had to wait for the pin to arrive in the mail. It comes a few days later, but then I still needed to get over to an ATM. I don't use them too often so it's a bit of a detour for me. And while all this is happening, I can't see the small deposits because in order to set up your Bethpage online banking account, you have to activate your debit card. Finally get the darn thing activate and I think great I finally get this account funded. WRONG! PNC apparently has a policy that you can only do a maximum of $2,000/$5,000 daily/monthly EFTs per account. Well below the amount I'm trying to move. I tried to do a transfer from Bethpage, now that I had access to my online account, but you can't do a EFT with an account with a zero balance and the funds in my savings aren't available for some reason. I'm going to go to PNC and get a check and walk it over to one of Bethpage's sister CUs here today and hopefully finally be done with this. If things hadn't gotten so crazy with both work and home, this might not have been such a pain, but jeez I'm tired!!! Smiley LOL

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.