Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't apply for a Fnbo card if you are not in the area :( I am in TN

tag
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

You can't apply for a Fnbo card if you are not in the area :( I am in TN

You can't apply for a Fnbo card if you are not in the area Smiley Sad I am in TN. I was about to ap for my first FNBO card "Platinum Edition® Visa® Card" but when I click on "apply" it brings up a page asking for my zip then it says the prouduct wasn't available in my area Smiley Sad When did they started this?fnbo.jpgfnbo 1.jpg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: You can't apply for a Fnbo card if you are not in the area :( I am in TN

I saw this last week when I went to the site looking for the Mlife card people were talking about.  Was surprised it (or any other card) was not available in my area, or to me, as I do have their Platnium card for 4 years with no issues.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank of Omaha over the last many years pretty much restricted their banking and credit activities to their banking market foot print. From time to time their credit marketing would seek out people with special invitations (I am one of them) but otherwise they were closed to outsiders. Of late (last few years) they would open themselves up to any one for a few months and then close it down again. The latest change was say about a month ago when the re-did their website login and went from the "firstnationalbank" to "fnbo" (which they used to use for some outside their banking market area customers).

In truth, I have found so many good regional banks and credit unions that First National Bank would not be worth the effort. Posters on this website are forever finding some new places to bank and get credit with great rewards. Pursue some of the posts and ask if you need background on things of interest as it is quite probable that a MyFicoer can help you.

Should add, my post was for the First National Bank's core cards. Affinity and co-branded FNBO Cards seem to have their own life and rules.

Message 3 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Thank you everybody

Message 4 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Live in Tenn as well and had the mlife card.. Just depends on whether it is co-branded then yes you can most likely get it such as mlife or even branded the travel card they did last year for awhile i believe was nationwide?  Anyways other cards are just in their footprints

Message 5 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Live in Tenn as well and had the mlife card.. Just depends on whether it is co-branded then yes you can most likely get it such as mlife or even branded the travel card they did last year for awhile i believe was nationwide?  Anyways other cards are just in their footprints

Thank you. I was thinking about the same thing but the other cards has a high APR. With higher scores now I been trying to get lower APR cards. I know it doesn't matter since I PIF. But that's what i been looking for

Message 6 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im thinking of getting the Ducks Unlimited card at some point but think im also out of their normal banking footprint area....

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

I saw this last week when I went to the site looking for the Mlife card people were talking about.  Was surprised it (or any other card) was not available in my area, or to me, as I do have their Platnium card for 4 years with no issues.

LOL I quickly read that as MILF card and thought "Woah, what are the bennies on that card?!"
Message 8 of 17
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

The Mlife and Ducks Unlimited applications opened up fine for me. Im in Utah i believe the co branded cards are open to anyone.
Message 9 of 17
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

In my experience, I agree...co-branded is just fine no matter where you reside.  My zip is not within their footprint but was able to be approved for their DU card no problem. 

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.