Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You will get nothing and like it!

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: You will get nothing and like it!

@Anonymous wrote:
Stop making so much sense and let me be irrational! Thanks for all the advice everyone. *shakes fist at sky* Stupid garden.🙄

Plant one of these in your signature, it'll make you feel better Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 11 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Cap One uses an older scoring model. Those scores tend to be lower than Fico 8, which is what I'm assuming you're referencing as you EX score. 

Sit tight till your new Cap One is 6 months old. You should have better options at that time. 

Good luck and dont dread garden because it's either that or debit card. 

Message 12 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

As of late.. again this is YMMV.. the fact that you already have a fresh Credit One card that is still new has been having miss discover pass you by.. even though it used to not really matter... the current credit climate has seen some tightening of the purse strings with credit card creditors ... even if other rates are going the other way... Since you just opened a card.. even Discover wants to see some experierence with that Cap One account before anteing up.. and Cap One uses an older FICO model I believe.. think Remedios mentions it....  And that new account still can lose some points... Youll be ok.... Theres some rather tasty noshing in the Garden =)

-J

Message 13 of 15
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

You got a card with a 2k limit...I would love to have that

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 14 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

As of late.. again this is YMMV.. the fact that you already have a fresh Credit One card that is still new has been having miss discover pass you by.. even though it used to not really matter... the current credit climate has seen some tightening of the purse strings with credit card creditors ... even if other rates are going the other way... Since you just opened a card.. even Discover wants to see some experierence with that Cap One account before anteing up.. and Cap One uses an older FICO model I believe.. think Remedios mentions it....  And that new account still can lose some points... Youll be ok.... Theres some rather tasty noshing in the Garden =)

-J

OP. See text in bold because this is the gospel. Many of us on here can attest to the formidable Disco explanation when asking for a CLI—“Denied. Insufficient experience!” So you definitely want history that shows you are a responsible CC holder. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.