Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your experience w/US Bank CLI’s? Cash Rewards Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your experience w/US Bank CLI’s? Cash Rewards Visa

My husband has had a us bank cash rewards visa (not the new cash +) along with checking and savings accounts for 3 years. He’s also had the same $3k credit line. He has 770+ scores and has gotten two new cards from other companies at $14k and $8k.

We hit the request credit limit increase button a week ago and got a message saying “we’ll send a letter with either your approval or denial in 7-10). I’ve been checking his online available credit and nothing has changed. This seems like a denial but that seems outrageous with his scores and history with them. His util is about 1% but he’s used the card and paid it off plenty in the past years. Income $150k and updated a few months before in the system. He has also been flooded with preapproval for their new cards...

What is your experience?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your experience w/US Bank CLI’s? Cash Rewards Visa

Greetings!

I have been a USB client for more than a decade and just this past year applied for credit with them. My advice is to call and talk to them if it has been more than a week. They have been very generous with me. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A buddy of mine has the Cash+ and he asked for the $1500 CLI so it would be a SP and it took like two weeks before it showed up on his account when he logged in. 

It sounds like US Bank still has the horrid system they had when I had them back in 2010 before my BK. Just give them time or give them a call. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah seriously 😂 what is this 1999? Us bank is huge they should have it together by now! It better be an approval he only has two inquires. One of the new cards he got is through Elan who US Bank owns so the only thing I could think of is that they’ve already extended the full amount they can offer him as a company? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been terrible for me. I've been stuck at $500 since I got the card, and have never seen a credit line increase button. I suppose I could call, and ask for a CLI SP, but I'm too lazy. Text please? Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with these guys is they won’t do a soft pull 😒 they’ve been good to us in other ways and gave him this card opening an account we use for secondary purposes. I feel by now however given our payment history and credit score they should have already cli’d him or approved this request, if not that card will be dead to us 💀 I thought I got a response today but it was just those checks they send you with a 0% attached to them but no increase yet 🤣

Message 6 of 14
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

USBank Cash+ has been great for me.

I also have US Bank Fred Meyer MC, requested $1500 increase on that to avoid HP, granted no problem.

About a week later, after having the Cash+ 8 months, they gave me an auto increase of $4000.

Can't complain about the Cash+ or US Bank!

000scoregood.gif

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know after this if you’re sure they’re soft pulls for $1.5k maybe I’ll just do that all the way up the ladder 🤣 how often can you ask for those with a certain soft pull? I won’t waste anymore hards on them.
Message 8 of 14
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You know after this if you’re sure they’re soft pulls for $1.5k maybe I’ll just do that all the way up the ladder 🤣 how often can you ask for those with a certain soft pull? I won’t waste anymore hards on them.

I believe it's about every 6 months. 

ETA: It is a little annoying that it isn't instant. It takes about 7 days to show up in the available CL on your account.

Teaches me patience though and that is much needed. LOL

Message 9 of 14
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

I have two related questions on this:

1. What is the best way to request a $1500 CLI for USB Cash+ card? Over the phone or online?
  2. Is it exactly $1500 or should it be $1499 to avoid a Hard Pull? Is it guaranteed to avoid a Hard Pull?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.