Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Success On Apple Card CLI After 91 Days

tag
Disregard
New Contributor

Zero Success On Apple Card CLI After 91 Days

91 days ago, I was approved for an Apple Card after months and months of trying. I had to use the SCT to be approved. Limit was set at $450.

Fast forward to today, 91 days later, I've spent and paid off $5,283.91 on this card (never carrying a balance).

E3ECF1ED-9F2A-4FDD-A5C7-AFEC9EA2F29A.jpeg

Due to the heavy use and pretty substantial score improvements I've recently seen, I was really optimistic when making my CLI request this morning.

Wrong. I was dead wrong to be optimistic. Immediate denial for a CLI citing the reason and score pulled below.

57A5D2BD-FF1D-4F1C-8C4F-7160F755C2CF.jpeg

EBC5747F-DDDA-498D-ADDF-4A0FEE29531B.jpeg

It looks like spending and paying off the card's limit almost 12 times in 3 months had zero impact.  It also looks like major score improvements had zero impact. This card appears more bucketed than my QS1 was.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: Zero Success On Apple Card CLI After 91 Days

Sorry to hear that. How recent was your BK?

I have a 5YO BK7. I was initially approved for $4K and after 90 days was given a CLI to $6,250.

Message 2 of 5
Disregard
New Contributor

25 Months since filing CH7

22 Months since discharge

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry about the denial. Even though your score is good some card companies are reluctant to give high CL's while there is a BK on your report.

Just keep up the good work and in time you will get higher CL's

Thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 5
collics
Established Contributor

It's been less than 2 years since your discharge. That's still kinda fresh.

I think GS trying to be more lenient, however still have limitations with BK approvals and increases, myself included and I'm 7 YEARS post BK.

And remember profile is more important than just the score itself. Your 700 w BK isn't the same as a 700 or even a 650 w/o a BK.

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.