Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adv how to ask for credit limit I just got approved for $750 by capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

adv how to ask for credit limit I just got approved for $750 by capital one

I got pre-qualified offer power card Chevrolet by capital one %5 earnings on your firts $5,000 every year unlimited %2 earnings to get new card , aprroved for $750, can i call capital request more limit ? what the best way to ask , my TU is 640 =)  10 more point to my goal , i was on the 400 two years ago . this is my 1st card no annual fee 0% introductory APR for the firt 12 months.  Any advise how to requst more credit limit. I want a least $1500should i wait or my credit score to be on the 700's to request more credit limit. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: adv how to ask for credit limit I just got approved for $750 by capital one

It's highly doubtful but not impossible.  In this situation, you may need to contact the Capital One Executive Office (look for the linky or info in the backdoor number sticky) and see if there's flexibility with the starting limit.  It's been known that for this card, you either get approved for a decent CL or something tiny as $500.  What does your overall profile look like OP?  High utilization?  Lots of new accounts/inquiries?  Something triggered a very low CL approval it seems.

Message 2 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

I feel like all the posts for this card are getting toy limits. Are they 3 pulling for this card?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
I feel like all the posts for this card are getting toy limits. Are they 3 pulling for this card?

They only pull Equifax for this card.  

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

Nah, there's been some folks that have been approved with decent SLs, but you don't see many Capital One BuyPower approvals - not a card most people really go for given the rewards structure.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 3 credit cards low utilization %10 lower , i had secure card for 1 yr 5 months ,    just for this inquire my equifax got +9 points. total 9 inquires, TU have only 4 inquires, expirian 3 inquires , now is 640. I called i was told to wait 90 days use the card make payment before i can get more credit limit. I need more recent payment history =) ,   only have 3 new accounts, , with this card total of 4 new accounts. Thanks for the reply,  from December 2014 i was 575 equifax now at 640 thanks to this forums experts I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Message 6 of 11
Pitt570
New Contributor

i have applied for this measly card with only a $300 limit contacted the eo and got a call back a couple days later then he said he would contact me back and which he did a week after that now its just a waiting game to see if theres a increase if not im dumping the card. lowest card i have and my cards range from 5k-20k

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with the EO yesterday. You think that's bad??? I have two cap 1 cards with $1000 & $2000 cl's. I was approved for the GMC card for $300!!!!!! I know right?
Boo!
They are manually reviewing my application for a higher starting limit. Of course I am taking another hard inquiry for this!!!
I'll keep you posted.
Message 8 of 11
Pitt570
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I spoke with the EO yesterday. You think that's bad??? I have two cap 1 cards with $1000 & $2000 cl's. I was approved for the GMC card for $300!!!!!! I know right?
Boo!
They are manually reviewing my application for a higher starting limit. Of course I am taking another hard inquiry for this!!!
I'll keep you posted.

crazy i know so i will hopefully find out also about this $300 limit they approved me for if not oh well taking it to the burner wont even sd that one.

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I contact the EO? Did you ever get your CLI? I'm trying to recon. Need some help.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.