cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex bce first was saying processing now says application status CANCELED? was pre approved

tag
mustangy1
Valued Member

amex bce first was saying processing now says application status CANCELED? was pre approved

I dig old answers most out of date and old but seems amex use same web style for long time

my wife application status was change to processing to canceled now at weekend.
if some live person is not working at weekend how it is change to canceled.
pre approval means nothing to me anymore lol,
need amex for rewards at gas station due to biz we use alot for gas payments,
 should call consideration line or not,

cards wife already have are
ebay master $4100
capitalone 1000 + 500 platinum
tdcash 2k
capital one 3.5k
discover 2k

sorry one of extension put weird thing deleted now
TransUnion 727
EQ 707
EX 680

BK7 may 2016
capitalone 3.8k

Discover 2000.00

mercury 3500
ebay 9000

apple 3.8k

amex BCE 5000 authk
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex bce first was saying processing now says application status CANCELED? was pre approved

@mustangy1 wrote:

I dig old answers most out of date and old but seems amex use same web style for long time

my wife application status was change to processing to canceled now at weekend.
if some live person is not working at weekend how it is change to canceled.
pre approval means nothing to me anymore lol,
need amex for rewards at gas station due to biz we use alot for gas payments,
 should call consideration line or not,

cards wife already have are
ebay master $4100
capitalone 1000 + 500 platinum
tdcash 2k
capital one 3.5k
discover 2k

date
[dāt]
isimtarih; randevu; hurma; zaman; buluşma; flört; vade; dönem
fiilçıkmak; tarih atmak; buluşmak; zamanını belirlemek; bayatlamak; eskiden kalmak; flört etmek; eskimek
Definition
isima sweet, dark brown oval fruit containing a hard stone, usually eaten dried.
fiilestablish or ascertain the date of (an object or event).
Synonym
isimsteady; bird; fella; boyf; girlf
fiilgo out with; take out; go around with; go with; be involved with; be romantically linked with; see; court; woo
Example
our next big date is my sister's wedding

There are plenty of cards out there that offer at least 2% on gas.  Even if you are don't get the BCE, I would search around for other options.  I'm not quite sure what the other stuff is that you posted.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex bce first was saying processing now says application status CANCELED? was pre approved

The cancelled status is usually triggered as a result of running afoul of some AMEX application policy - like apping when previously denied within 90 days, hitting max number of revolvers with AMEX, etc. 

That said, and as mentioned above, the BCE is really nothing special in the cash back for gas purchase area. 2% back is really a common offering and can be met or beat by a plethora of cards from other lenders. In fact, if it was cash back for gas purchases that I was trying to satisfy, this would probably be one of the last cards I'd go for. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is really tightening up lending standards in this current climate. We're seeing more and more denials even with pre qualifications.

As others have said, there are plenty of places to try for rewards on gas. 2% also isn't that much more than 1.5% unless your gas spend is incredibly high or your considering it over a very long period of time. A catch all 1.5% of 2% card would do you close to as well. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.