Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex give me opportunity to upgrade my blue card

tag
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

amex give me opportunity to upgrade my blue card

Hi all receiver email from amex to let me upgrade my Blue cash card we No AF and balance carry if i want to Blue Cash Preferred we 75 AF some benefit you you are sink 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex give me opportunity to upgrade my blue card

Do you spend enough at supermarkets and gas stations a year to make it worth the $75 annual fee?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I agree. Give it some thought. It gives 6% back at grocery stores and 3% back on gas. Basically if you spend say $1500 at grocery stores in a year, that more than pays for AF 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed. Also buy yourself fuel gift cards, Subway, etc at the market to eek out more
Message 4 of 9
degs138
Established Contributor

(yearly spend at grocery stores * .03) + (yearly spend at department stores * .01) + (yearly spend on gas *.01) > $75.

If you use that formula and you are not greater then 75 then just stick with the Blue Cash Everday.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 5 of 9
degs138
Established Contributor

I don't condone manufactured spending but I do buy gift cards only at supermarkets now because I get 6% back.  The places i go to most I carry gift cards.  Starbucks, applebees ect at the end of the year I buy them so I use up my 6k.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That isn't ms. Redeeming gift cards for cash turning around making payment for sole purpose for points or casback is ms.
Message 7 of 9
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

Guys thank you by yess i normal in Grocery is 200 to 300 WK and the gas about 400 for month any family of 4 is go to 600 to 1000 on supermarket for Mouth by i don't see the point pay 75 AF so thank you all i keep my 0 AF 

Message 8 of 9
degs138
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That isn't ms. Redeeming gift cards for cash turning around making payment for sole purpose for points or casback is ms.

Ok, I wasn't sure what is and what isn't MS.  It's a fine line on some of these boards.  I only use credit cards so i can get free money.  I don't ever need to MS to hit bonuses.  I just get gift cards at cub if they have one I know I will use.  I usually hit around 5k a year at the grocery store so I just load up Dec 24th with gift cards.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.