cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex question for the amex gurus

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

amex question for the amex gurus

i have an amex gold,  i would like to up grade to platnuim ?  Amex said i must wait 1 calender year.to upgrade from gold . My question is, on the  one  calender year (oct2019)  should i upgrade or can i apply for the platnuim before the 1yr mark and have both. Ive seen a few members with both..

thx

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Senior Contributor

Re: amex question for the amex gurus

@leemajors wrote:

i have an amex gold,  i would like to up grade to platnuim ?  Amex said i must wait 1 calender year.to upgrade from gold . My question is, on the  one  calender year (oct2019)  should i upgrade or can i apply for the platnuim before the 1yr mark and have both. Ive seen a few members with both..

thx

You can apply for Platinum now as a new and separate account from Gold.

You might want to do some research to see if you are eligible for a 100k point offer. Also look at cobranded Platinum cards.

Spend: BofA Premium, BBP, Schwab Platinum, Freedom x 2, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Marriott Brilliant, Delta Platinum
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC, ED
Downgrading in 2020: BCP, Savor
May eventually add: 100k Platinum (for a year, then PC to Gold), BofA Cash Rewards, Virgin Atlantic.
Message 2 of 6
Valued Contributor

If you can afford both annual fees. Go ahead and apply for the Platinum instead of upgrading so you don't lose out on the additional sign up bonus. Upgrades rarely give equitable sign up bonuses.

Find someone with an elevated referral link and you may get more than the public 60k MR points.

Additionally, you can try the incognito trick to see if you can snag the 100k SUB

You have had your Gold for 4 months so applying now for the Platinum SHOULD be a soft pull if you log in to your account before applying.
Message 3 of 6
Established Member

good info

Find someone with an elevated referral link and you may get more than the public 60k MR points. 

how do i find someone ( like the guys on youtupe and such) dont know if i cant post their names

Additionally, you can try the incognito trick to see if you can snag the 100k SUB

and whats the incognito trick

thx lee

Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

Referral links cannot be posted here, but some members have referrals for 70k and 75k bonus.

Incognito trick is to visit the AMEX website in an incognito or private window session in your browser which USUALLY results in elevated new member offers not available to existing members, but you did not hear this from me.
Message 5 of 6
Established Member

thx thats why i luv this sit

so informational

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.