cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know how starting lines of credit for the target credit card is like?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone know how starting lines of credit for the target credit card is like?

also, ive read that if you buy a preorder item, target will keep re-authorizing the charge and will run down the credit limit of the card. is this true?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: anyone know how starting lines of credit for the target credit card is like?

@Anonymous wrote:

also, ive read that if you buy a preorder item, target will keep re-authorizing the charge and will run down the credit limit of the card. is this true?

If you go to the Approvals forum and search "Target" there are several threads that come up:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/bd-p/App_Approvals

From what I can gather, it seems the answer is very dependant of credit and the SL's typically range between $200 and $2,000

And in the Applications forum, there is this thread from last year wherein people describe their SL and subsequent CLI's:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Target-RedCard-CLI-s-and-CLD-s/m-p/6169480#M282770

Hope that helps somewhat. I will have to let someone else answer your question about the re-authorization. 

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone know how starting lines of credit for the target credit card is like?

thank you very much!

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

target cc

Your application has been received and will be reviewed. We will notify you by mail within 7-10 days. **BLEEP!!!!BLEEP!!!!BLEEP!!!!** lol there's no way i should be denied... is there a number to call? EDIT: nvm. found number. will call in the morning

Message 4 of 29
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: target cc

@Anonymous wrote:

Your application has been received and will be reviewed. We will notify you by mail within 7-10 days. **BLEEP!!!!BLEEP!!!!BLEEP!!!!** lol there's no way i should be denied... is there a number to call? EDIT: nvm. found number. will call in the morning

That stinks. i started my rebuild with a few cards including the target red card in sept/oct 2020. i think my scores were in the low 600's then and income in the mid 30's, bk7 dc in 12/2019.

dont set your expectations too high as far as sl, they gave me 300. but i burned td bank for 8k in bk7 12/2019.

i wish you the best. mine was instant decision,no wait

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

While most banks have lowered their lending criteria for credit cards, TD Bank that issues the Target card has become more strict. I have several TD cards and will never ask for another card or another CLI. Their CLIs are small as well, again, not worth the HP.

Thanks

Mark

Message 6 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Which bank lowered UW standards?

Message 7 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I mean, I can start and you can correct me 

Chase, tightened by including cobranded  cards when it comes to 5/24 (also excluded applicants with BK).

Citi, tighter UW criteria.

US Bank brutally tighter criteria.

Amex, much tighter criteria.

Synchrony approval critera same, account management scrutinized to the point of 100 pages mega thread. 

BoA, never easy to begin with, no loosening in UW criteria.

WF, same as BoA.  

Discover, same UW criteria but plot twist with IV for many. 

Message 8 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

Which bank lowered UW standards?

I'm curious as well. @Anonymous -- can you be more specific on which lenders have done so?  You stated "most". I'm sure the community is curious as well.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow. called to verify some details and still returned with 7-10 day message via mail. horrible bank lol

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.