cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know how starting lines of credit for the target credit card is like?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: target cc

@Anonymous wrote:

wow. called to verify some details and still returned with 7-10 day message via mail. horrible bank lol

@Anonymous -- and exactly how is it that they're a "horrible bank" lol?  Meaning, because they didn't approve you on the spot?  I mean, I could see if there's no rhyme or reason for everyone getting denied for their particular card, but I would assume that's not the case here.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

wow. called to verify some details and still returned with 7-10 day message via mail. horrible bank lol

@Anonymous -- and exactly how is it that they're a "horrible bank" lol?  Meaning, because they didn't approve you on the spot?  I mean, I could see if there's no rhyme or reason for everyone getting denied for their particular card, but I would assume that's not the case here.

they are slow lol. should of at least gave me a decision after i verified my info through phone. slow=horrible to me lol. kinda like navy fed lol horrible 

Message 12 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

they are slow lol. should of at least gave me a decision after i verified my info through phone. slow=horrible to me lol. kinda like navy fed lol horrible 

Different strokes for different folks I suppose, but given that some decisions are not always instant + the nuances of identity theft, I'd rather have them verify everything they need than end up having to rectify things later 🤷‍♂️

I suppose the letter will confirm the results, but alas may take a bit for you to receive it.

Message 13 of 29
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy fed horrible? Now there's something you don't hear every day. How is Navy slow? Just curious.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy fed horrible? Now there's something you don't hear every day. How is Navy slow? Just curious.

i push a payment from my credit union and it takes most banks 2 days max to receive the payment. Navy fed on the other hand takes 2 weeks.... horrible! i know i pull money from other bank accounts into navy checking and pay that way, but i can't be inconvenienced like that lol. navy fed is terrible i tell ya!

Message 15 of 29
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i push a payment from my credit union and it takes most banks 2 days max to receive the payment. Navy fed on the other hand takes 2 weeks.... horrible! i know i pull money from other bank accounts into navy checking and pay that way, but i can't be inconvenienced like that lol. navy fed is terrible i tell ya!

Are you sure that's not an issue on your CU's end? Cause it sounds to me like your CU is mailing a physical check to Navy rather than doing an ACH transfer. That would explain why it takes 2 weeks vs 2 days with other banks if they're paid via ACH.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure that's not an issue on your CU's end? Cause it sounds to me like your CU is mailing a physical check to Navy rather than doing an ACH transfer. That would explain why it takes 2 weeks vs 2 days with other banks if they're paid via ACH.

I'm pretty sure it's not my CU. my CU sends electronic payments to every bank except navy fed... unless you guys are using another address not listed on the navy fed website, i'm sure it's just that navy fed sucks lol

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

had to fax license and ss card info and bank statement to the bank that handles target cc's.... uughhhhhh

Message 18 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

had to fax license and ss card info and bank statement to the bank that handles target cc's.... uughhhhhh

Well, if TD Bank 'sucks' so much (along with your opinion about NFCU) why even do business with them or even pursue the Target RedCard? Isn't that going to create lots of agony for you?

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, if TD Bank 'sucks' so much (along with your opinion about NFCU) why even do business with them or even pursue the Target RedCard? Isn't that going to create lots of agony for you?

its worth it in the end. but right now its pain lol

honestly, i might cancel my navy fed card this week... haha

UPDATE:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/target-CC/m-p/6422638

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.