Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple card approved. this was tough - declined offer

tag
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

apple card approved. this was tough - declined offer

credit karma had me a good approval odds for the apple card.   out of curiosity i went through the process and was approved for a $6,000 starting limit.

i just opened penfed with $6k and truist with $3.5k  so im in the garden.   as much as i want the apple card & tried many times before & denied for 2017 bk,   i ended up doing something ive never done before.   i selected no thanks and closed out the app.  that was extremely hard to do.  a fitness coach i follow says that we can do hard things.  believe me, this took every fiber of my being to say no.  

i hope the offer still stands later on in the year, perhaps this upcoming holiday season.  who knows, i might get a better offer as my scores improve.   in the back of my mind im hoping this wont be the one that got away......

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: apple card approved. this was tough.

Congrats on your 🍎 Approval!

Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi @JcT21 Congrats on your Apple Card Approval. I admire your resistance to temptation. I am sure the offer will be there for you next year when you try again.

Message 3 of 8
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

That's the same SL they offered my wife (twice). She ended up taking it. Her TU temporary unfreeze expired while we waited for ID verification, so she didn't even get a HP since it was blocked. I've heard they are pretty great about (SP) increases, so we took it even though we hoped for a little more.

Just getting an offer can be great, whether you decide to take it or not.

The offer may drop when the new accounts first show up of they aren't visible yet, but I would be shocked if they didn't rebound promptly. Apple also seems to have a modified SCT that sometimes boosts CL if they sre too stingey.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 4 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Apple Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 5 of 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card offer! The SP approval with SL and HP only if you accept is a great feature of the Apple Card and one I wish more banks would implement so we can make better informed decisions with our credit.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 8
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Apple Card offer! The SP approval with SL and HP only if you accept is a great feature of the Apple Card and one I wish more banks would implement so we can make better informed decisions with our credit.

Couldn't agree more.

That, any actual pre-approvals with real limits are a breath of fresh air

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 7 of 8
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@JcT21 wrote:

credit karma had me a good approval odds for the apple card.   out of curiosity i went through the process and was approved for a $6,000 starting limit.

i just opened penfed with $6k and truist with $3.5k  so im in the garden.   as much as i want the apple card & tried many times before & denied for 2017 bk,   i ended up doing something ive never done before.   i selected no thanks and closed out the app.  that was extremely hard to do.  a fitness coach i follow says that we can do hard things.  believe me, this took every fiber of my being to say no.  

i hope the offer still stands later on in the year, perhaps this upcoming holiday season.  who knows, i might get a better offer as my scores improve.   in the back of my mind im hoping this wont be the one that got away......

Congratulations on both your approval and your inner strength!!

Speaking as someone who's seen the bottom of the credit landscape, I understand how hard that must have been to decline a card that was already approved, AND with a decent SL. But you did it! You used logic and reason and acted in your long-term best interest, and I really admire that. Good for you! Smiley Happy

If you're meant to have that card, it'll come along again later...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.