Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for amex

tag
excop01
Regular Contributor

applying for amex

So i was wondering how long should i wait to apply for amex cards since i have a dismissed bk from 2016 jan?? I keep going to the preapprove site and get nothing. but suggest the charge cards and everyday card. I hear i should wait 5 years would be in a about 6 months. any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: applying for amex

5yrs and 1 month after filing

Message 2 of 11
excop01
Regular Contributor

hey thanks for the info. i thought it was something like that. 

well gives me time to make sure there is nothing they 

can deny me for, except covid 

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

5yrs and 1 month after filing

+1

Message 4 of 11
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Did you owe Amex any money?  If yes, that can come into play and prevent you from being approved longer than 5 years and 1 month.

Message 5 of 11
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Beauty of AMEX (majority of the time) 

Approved = Hard inquiry 

Declined = Soft Inquiry 

what u got to loose ? 

Message 6 of 11
excop01
Regular Contributor

hey thanks i didnt know it was a soft pull for actually applying. i have done the prequalifier often and i know thats a soft pull. 

Message 7 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@excop01 wrote:

hey thanks i didnt know it was a soft pull for actually applying. i have done the prequalifier often and i know thats a soft pull. 

It's not a soft pull. If you're blacklisted, they won't pull your credit, just deny you.

Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@excop01 wrote:

Expect a HP, and be glad if you get a SP.

This way you will not face disappointments!

Message 9 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

If you burned them, you'll get auto-declined with a SP for a period of no less than 10 years from CO date (exact date just an approximation). If you never burned them then you'll either get an approval or denial with a HP! 

Good Luck

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.