Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays just disgust me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclays just disgust me.

i have pursued an application with barclays for nearly 8 years. i do not have any cards with them ever.

yesterday i applied for their choice priviliges signature card with a bonus offer of 64k miles or points & check status today and found that they denied.

i have applied for barclays every two years once in the last 12 years & i cant find them approve me for any card whatsoever.

Barclays is disgusting.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: barclays just disgust me.

No need to feel slighted. After all, some FIs work for some while others not so much.

I'm sure there were some reasons cited for being declined, plus not sure how those may correlate (or if consequential actions) with some of your other prior threads.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/why-i-have-to-B-t/m-p/5396678#M35473

\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 2 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree FinStar. Don't take it personal OP. There could be all kinds of reasons. But I find the link to that other thread interesting that FinStar attached. What you may want to do is dig into why they are denying you and see if you can take action.

Two things right of the bat I am curous of are your Fico scores, and the denial reasons they send you each time. Are the reasons fairly legit? Are your scores within decent range?

From there, the rest of your profile would need to be taken into consideration, like if there are any lates or derogs on there, high utilization, or even collections. Many factors can be involved.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Actually its time to blacklist them. That many times and nothing says something. To be fair i have that stupid cant get enough no from PenfedSmiley Wink. I feel your pain.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the exact reasons they give for each denial? It could be you have some sort of negative relationship with them in the past, if your credit file doesn’t have other issues.

But honestly I wouldn’t sweat it if I were in this situation, as I rarely find their cards competitive when comparing to other lenders such as Chase or Amex.
Message 5 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

All the answers to your questions are in the link FinStar posted.
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

its been 12 years & i always only make 1 app every two years & every time an application is made i find myself rejected for it. I started with their Barclays NFL to Apple and few days ago i targeted choice priviliges for barclays  (64k points earning) and i did many many improvements on what profile FinStar put up in a link here & figured i m ready for a TU pull on barclays with just one inquiry & 752 Tu Fico 08 score 29% utility AAoA nearly 5 years however, looks like that wasn't enough for approval. I do not have any bad history with barclays.

Its been a disappointment, i was approved for Cap1 Venture in April 2018 & the only inquiry on TU for 2018.

Figured i was ready for Barclays. i guess not.

Message 7 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Actually its time to blacklist them. That many times and nothing says something. To be fair i have that stupid cant get enough no from PenfedSmiley Wink. I feel your pain.

Except the OP hasn't shared those actual reasons for being declined (including the previous attempt).  If the OP was really that 'disgusted' with the lender, why even entertain the idea of applying for one of their loans as mentioned in another thread?

But like anything else credit-related, there's plenty of other options out there 👍

Message 8 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

its been 12 years & i always only make 1 app every two years & every time an application is made i find myself rejected for it. I started with their Barclays NFL to Apple and few days ago i targeted choice priviliges for barclays  (64k points earning) and i did many many improvements on what profile FinStar put up in a link here & figured i m ready for a TU pull on barclays with just one inquiry & 752 Tu Fico 08 score 29% utility AAoA nearly 5 years however, looks like that wasn't enough for approval. I do not have any bad history with barclays.

Its been a disappointment, i was approved for Cap1 Venture in April 2018 & the only inquiry on TU for 2018.

Figured i was ready for Barclays. i guess not.

Are you sure that everything updated if you made "improvements " because that thread is only four weeks old. 

You listed your income as $1000. Its possible when housing payment and your minimums are added , your DTI becomes too high for their liking

Message 9 of 28
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Wow! Congrats OP! How lucky must you be to continuously dodge that Barclays bullet going on 8 years now!
Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.