Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays just disgust me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: barclays just disgust me.

Maha,

You're going to have to file for BK unless something drastically changes quickly.  With your current situation, you won't recover.  You said it yourself that you were thinking about filing and that was 3 weeks ago.  Your credit card minimum payments are more than you bring home in a month.  Your UTI is only around 30% but that is 36k in credit card debt and you make 1k per month income.  This 1k income does not include rent, food, utilities, etc.    You cannot continue to live this way.  I really do hope you find a solution whether it is BK or additional income.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with Overmedicated. In this situation, where you can’t meet the minimums of what you owe already, the absolute LAST thing you should be doing is looking to access more lines of credit to add to the debt. Using one line of credit to pay for another is playing with fire in a paper factory. My guess is Barclays sees your DTI as at or over 100% if I’m reading your numbers right, and they are staying away from what they see as an imminent implosion.

I would be contacting your creditors and seeing about the possibility of a hardship payment plan while searching high and low for another source of income so this can be taken care of the right way.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

O well couldn't resist rejection & wanted one card i can use for my fuel expenses and so using & knowing paypal usesTU (the same credit bureau as barclays) applied for Paypal 2% Xtras Mc & was approved for $3k on 28th nov. 2018. 

Same profile same income same report...hmmmmmm..

Message 13 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I am beyond confused OP. Why are you continuously applying for CCs? The behavior is akin to an addiction and soon it’s going to over power you. You’ve really gotten some excellent advice but you’re not heeding it. Please step back and reevaluate everything you’re doing. I know if this was my situation, I would be so stressed out and a mess. Just please stop applying for credit for your own sanity.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread hurt my head. I am having a difficult time believing this is real.
OP, if this is a real situation, then it might make sense to start looking for an additional source of income. There are plenty of gig opportunities these days. It sounds like the only one making wise decisions in this situation is Barclays.
Another thought is credit counseling through your loca credit union (in addition to increasing income).
Message 15 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditInspired wrote:
I am beyond confused OP. Why are you continuously applying for CCs? The behavior is akin to an addiction and soon it’s going to over power you. You’ve really gotten some excellent advice but you’re not heeding it. Please step back and reevaluate everything you’re doing. I know if this was my situation, I would be so stressed out and a mess. Just please stop applying for credit for your own sanity.

GL2U

Indeed.  

@Anonymous, on another thread, not long ago, you make mention (post #7) of using your Murphy's Visa plus the Sam's MC for gas purchases.  Wouldn't the PayPal Extras be a moot thing?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/First-National-Bank-of-Omaha-Mlife-Odds/m-p/5394749#M213988

Message 16 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

What's even stranger, if you look at the list of cards, OP annotates them as belonging to Grandma, DW and DH.
OP appears to be the 4th person in the mix.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar

that Murphy visa (FNBO) card is someone i know i m blacklisted on; so is US Bank, Amex, Chase, Bank of America although B of A offered a secured card to start a new relationship later.

I have listed this here for your future reference FinStar. someday this post will come handy.

i want to think i will forever remain very very mysterious to you @FinStar.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I noticed but was thinking she was DW but referring to herself in third person. Also, Barclays IS listed. Maybe it's a wish list?

This thread feels like a credit-suicide helpline. I'm reading this with my eyes closed, hugging my dog.
Message 19 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:
What's even stranger, if you look at the list of cards, OP annotates them as belonging to Grandma, DW and DH.
OP appears to be the 4th person in the mix.

20181128_201731.jpg

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.