Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays just disgust me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: barclays just disgust me.

how do you mean continuously applying for CC's. i have applied for Barclays & PayPalMc within 72 hours. is that too much? really?

There is a lot of debt & very low income. i acknowledge that. For that i can say i m making progress on income side doing as best i can bringing more income but not exactly so much that i can payoff a lot. its gonna be a while before that happens.

@CreditInspired wrote:
I am beyond confused OP. Why are you continuously applying for CCs? The behavior is akin to an addiction and soon it’s going to over power you. You’ve really gotten some excellent advice but you’re not heeding it. Please step back and reevaluate everything you’re doing. I know if this was my situation, I would be so stressed out and a mess. Just please stop applying for credit for your own sanity.

GL2U

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is meant by that is that there are 17 cards listed before the most recent ones. You aren’t able to pay for the 17 already in hand. How do you plan to pay for the newest ones?

Another concern - you just listed several banks that have you blacklisted. Those should’ve been the wake up call. If banks are shutting you out for life, you still owe more than you can pay, and are taking on even more upcoming debt, that list will grow. If you continue down this path, as it appears you insist on doing, if you actually do manage to eventually extricate yourself and get into a position to use and afford credit, there may be no banks left that haven’t blacklisted you.

I’ll restate one last time and then stop offering unheeded advice to the considerable pile of unheeded advice from the others - stop looking to add more debt to the pile. Declare BK, get this absolved, and then remove credit from your life for at least 5 years. Work on boosting income, getting things in order, and only then consider bringing credit back in small bits into your life.
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

how do you mean continuously applying for CC's. i have applied for Barclays & PayPalMc within 72 hours. is that too much? really?

There is a lot of debt & very low income. i acknowledge that. For that i can say i m making progress on income side doing as best i can bringing more income but not exactly so much that i can payoff a lot. its gonna be a while before that happens. 

Wow OP, I'd run to the hills! 

Psychologically speaking, you come to this forum looking for people that will be "on your side" because you're looking for support and people who will give you answers but only as long as they agree with your perspective but once you figured out that people disagree with your "situation" you stop to consider our insights as an option. Putting psychology aside and answering your original question, Barclays is the one being smart here, I mean, put yourself in their situation and ask yourself: "Would I approve someone in that situation"? I don't think so.

If you're already blacklisted with other banks, that should've been a sign to stop applying for more credit cards because, as you probably already know, when you pay the minimum amount you start accumulating APR which is something that you definitely can't afford right now.

My advice is, stop applying for credit cards, you can't afford them and you can't get them. Easy. Banks are shutting you down and the list will go on as you soon won't be able to make payments as you already can't for some of these cards as it would cost you more than you actually bring home. Your minimum payments are bigger than what you bring home. Just the minimum payments. Stop chasing credit cards, they are not the solution as you won't be able to get more cards as banks are blacklisting you and so on.

From my perspective, in your current situation, you won't be able to fix this situation anytime soon unless something changes dramastically.

I hate saying this because I don't like to see people going for BK but from my point of view, that's your only choice at the moment. Yes, you won't be able to get credit cards for awhile but that should be a blessing for you. You will have to re-start it from zero and build your credit profile again with secured credit cards and so on and maybe, just maybe, banks will give you a second chance.

Be realistic with yourself, how are you going to pay for all these cards + mortgage + groceries + bills and so on, I mean, how can you look for a "gas" credit card if you realistically can't afford gas?! Even if you had a lot of extra money, how much money in gas would you be spending on that credit card to make it worth applying for a new credit card? Even if you were to put $100 in gas every month and you were getting 4% cashback, you'd only be getting $4. 

If you "wait" for life to "help you", it won't happen and what I mean by that is that if you keep just paying the minimum payments without bringing a lot more income than what you make right now, the APR will soon be too much for you to afford it, even the minimum payments so you'd have to file for BK anyways. 

I do hope you figure out your situation but, at the moment, I see BK as your only option.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
What's even stranger, if you look at the list of cards, OP annotates them as belonging to Grandma, DW and DH.
OP appears to be the 4th person in the mix.

The plot thickens...Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar

that Murphy visa (FNBO) card is someone i know i m blacklisted on; so is US Bank, Amex, Chase, Bank of America although B of A offered a secured card to start a new relationship later.

I have listed this here for your future reference FinStar. someday this post will come handy.

@i want to think i will forever remain very very mysterious to you @FinStar.

You are not a mystery at all.  I've been reading your comments for quite a while, and although I usually don't reply to them, its quite obvious what you're up to.

Your m.o. is to hang out in the Approvals forum and question almost everyone who was approved about how they went about it; whether the creditor required POI, which CA they pulled, etc.  Its clear that what you've been doing is gathering information to apply for even more credit in an attempt to shuffle your current debts around to new lenders.  The only reason I usually don't reply to you is because if I actually said what I am thinking I would violate the forums' guidelines on Friendly, Supportive & Respectful comments.

Message 25 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

AMEN @thilimaa

In my final post to OP—and it is my last one—I was going to type, “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink it.” However, your eloquent and well articulated post exemplifies my sentiments perfectly!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 26 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@maizeandblue
You are not a mystery at all. I've been reading your comments for quite a while, and although I usually don't reply to them, its quite obvious what you're up to.

Your m.o. is to hang out in the Approvals forum and question almost everyone who was approved about how they went about it; whether the creditor required POI, which CA they pulled, etc. Its clear that what you've been doing is gathering information to apply for even more credit in an attempt to shuffle your current debts around to new lenders. The only reason I usually don't reply to you is because if I actually said what I am thinking I would violate the forums' guidelines on Friendly, Supportive & Respectful comments.
———

+1000
Okay it wasn’t my last post but I had to applaud maizeandblue’s response.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 27 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now locked to future comments.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.