Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boa credit line increase denials

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: boa credit line increase denials

"Insurmountable" debt? 

I wonder if they have an incorrect income for you or something.  I mean, if you told them you make $15K/year and actually make $150K/year or something like that (ah typos) then obviously the level of debt to be insurmountable is vastly different.  Could be worth a double check anyway.

Message 11 of 14
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Take it with a grain of salt. BOA can be a strange animal sometimes for various resons. BOA denied my CLI not too long ago as well. New accounts make them nervous and the potential for increased debt even if you have low util. from what I can tell from my conversation with the credit analyst. I bank with them, mortgage and car loans previously with them but only $3k credit line but this account is less than a year old.. AAoA was at 3.5 years with 12k owed versus 140+k available on revolving.

Try again in time.. from I have seen here, they will eventually warm up to you.
August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fall in love with someone other then BOA .... I have a Business LOC with them through a Rewards card - functions like a LOC but gives you rewards points - "perk" for a business account .... so they say .... have run nothing less then over $1M throught that one business in less then 6 months and they don't want to do an increase after giving an approval in writing .... just fickle.  I also do all my credit card processing with them.  Looking for a new institutiion to move my major banking too.  Never had a chargeback, never a late pay, great group of customers .... can't understand and will take my good businesses elsewhere.  My personal credit too is very good.

Message 13 of 14
DaFico

I used to bank with BOA but I don't anymore.....I'm wondering if that's a factor also in the continues denials? Thanks everyone for your input, it means a lot!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.